|Vorn/Yggdrasil (Trojan Reach 0218)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Vorn is an icy, non-agricultural and nonindustrial world, whose surface is ice-capped and with nearly all of its water frozen.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society.
- It is a member of the Florian League in the Yggdrasil Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector.
- This world has a nearby Naval Base, usually associated with military starships.
- This world has a nearby Military Base, usually associated with military ground forces.
- Nearly 100% of the population is composed of Floriani, a minor human race.
- Less than 10% of the population is composed of other sophonts.
Vorn sits at the junction of a key jump-2 trade route and a jump-4 Florian x-boat route.
History & Background (Dossier)
- It is a member of the Florian League, though it has an unusually high crime level and is an embarrassment to the League.
The Florian League settled Vorn in 102 but the settlement fell apart within a few weeks as the Feskals rose up and brutally slaughtered their Barnai. The Florians dispatched a military force to pacify the rebels but as any Floriani military force uses Feskal infantry, all this accomplished was handing the rebels a lot of heavily armed troops.
Today, the League maintain the B-class Highport in orbit.
- However, travel to the surface is forbidden, as the surface is an icy wilderness where savage Feskal overlords rule feral tribes and intruders are hunted down and murdered or enslaved.
- They torment Barnai for sport in their underground lairs.
Although the Barnai do not dare send further expeditions down to Vorn’s surface, they do feel an instinctive responsibility towards the deviant Feskals. Supplies are dropped from orbit on a regular basis and they have occasionally employed outsiders to travel down to the ice world and investigate current conditions.