(Redirected from Air/raft)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- These gravcraft tend to go mainstream and become widely available at the TL:10-12 and TL:13-15 tech epochs.
- Most air/rafts are capable of reaching orbit (occupants must wear vacc suits) but the trip will take several (6 to 8) hours. An air/raft is not intended for extended spaceflight. Interface landers (spacecraft), G-carriers, ship's gigs, shuttles, and other smallcraft perform similar roles.
No information yet available.
Common Air/Raft Features
Air/rafts commonly have the following features:
- Four independent, individually replaceable modules insure a maximum of safety, in that each provides one-quarter of the vehicle's total lift.
- A standard air/raft masses about 4 tons, and can carry a payload of about 4 tons, including the pilot and 3 passengers.
- Cruising speed is usually 100 kph, with unlimited range and endurance.
- Many air/rafts are open-topped and subject to the effects of weather and climate.
- The major drawbacks to the air/raft are its low load capacity, its relatively slow speed, and its susceptibility to weather (both the negative effects of bad weather on passengers and the slowing effects of high winds and buffeting).
- Also, most can be overloaded with passengers (a maximum of 8 can fit with minimal comfort) so long as the tonnage maximum is not exceeded.
12 Air/Raft items
|Convertible Air Raft||Air/Raft||Flight (Grav)||15||3 dTons||Cr 751,090|
|Enlightened 2T class Air Raft||Air/Raft||Flight (Grav)||11||2 dton||Cr3,019,334.3|
|Fringian Enclosed Air/Raft||Air/Raft||Flight (Hybrid Grav)||9||3 Tons||Cr600,000|
|Fringian Open Air/Raft||Air/Raft||Flight (Hybrid Grav)||9||3 Tons||Cr600,000|
|Halcyon class Open Air/Raft||Air/Raft||Flight (Grav)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Harpy class Air/Raft||Air/Raft||Flight (Grav)||9||4 dton||935,871|
|Imperial Recovery Sled||Air/Raft||Flight (Grav)||15||30 dTons||MCr 4.4|
|Imperial Utility Grav Sled||Air/Raft||Flight (Grav)||15||12 dTons||MCr 2.24|
|Narit class Air/Raft||Air/Raft||Flight (Grav)||11||3 dton||Cr242,915.05|
|Rivaal XC class Air/Raft||Air/Raft||Flight (Grav)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Traveller class Air/Raft||Air/Raft||Flight (Grav)||8||4 dTons||Cr 275,000|
|Traveller class Grav Floater||Air/Raft||Flight (Grav)||1||TBD||Cr 500|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|