Traveller:The New Era (book)
|Traveller: The New Era|
|Author||Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen|
|Publisher||Game Designers Workshop|
|Version||Traveller The New Era|
|Available from||DriveThru RPG|
|ISBN 1-55878-116-1 Stock #0300|
|Table of Contents|
|The New Era||73|
|Worlds and travel||179|
|Equipment and technology||328|
Traveller: The New Era (book) is a Game Designers Workshop product.
- It is a main source book written for Traveller The New Era.
From The Back Cover: A Civilization Ready to Re-awaken ...
But it cannot do so by itself. Three generations ago, a star-spanning society annihilated itself in a furious war. The final weapon in this war was a new form of life - a malevolent electronic race that hates life itself. But among the ruins, life is stirring - a civilization is waiting to be rebuilt.
You are one of those rebuilders, and you know that to regain the stars, humanity must be willing to pay the bill for a generation of carnage and destruction. That bill can only be paid with audacity, courage, and dogged determination. You are bold enough to pay that price, because you've seen what passes for existence in the ruins of civilization, and it's not good enough. Not by a long shot.
Winning the stars was never easy, but you‘re going to make that new future - one world at a time. It's time for a New Era.
Inside Traveller: The New Era you'll find everything you need to create an entire universe of limitless adventure:
- A character generation system with over 40 careers and 100 skills, from wilderness survival to starship astrogation.
- A fast, simple task and combat system compatible with GDW's Twilight 2000 and Dark Conspiracy games.
- A colourful and innovative vector-based starship combat system which provides rich tactical detail but which can be played without a map.
- World generation which lets you design entire universes from stars to planets, and the creatures that live on them.
- Detailed starships, high-technology weapons and vehicles.
A New Era is waiting. Take charge of it with Traveller: The New Era.
Table of Contents
|Traveller:Traveller: The New Era|
|The New Era||73|
|Worlds & Travel||179|
|Equipment & Technology||328|
Library Data Entries (Public)
Library Data Entries (Automated)
Meta-history & Background (Dossier)
The New Era is the core book for the Traveller The New Era version of Traveller.
- Traveller: The New Era' 1992-1995) was published by Game Designers' Workshop. The game mechanics were changed to Game Designers' Workshop's standardized rules system which had originally appeared in the second edition of Twilight: 2000.
- It introduced the Virus and described the former area of the Third Imperium after interstellar society had completely collapsed.
- The game is often referred to as "TNE".
- Set in the Reformation Coalition, the game revolves around re-contact of the former Imperial planets after the effects of many years of no interstellar trade.
Included with Fire, Fusion, & Steel was a small format 16-page booklet called, Traveller: The New Era Upgrade Booklet. This contained updates to the original Traveller: The New Era rulebook and errata for Fire, Fusion & Steel itself. The rational behind the booklet was described as follows.
- "For the publication of FF&S, we have created design sequences which are much more comprehensive than those we used when designing equipment for the TNE rulebook. Much of the TNE equipment has therefore been redesigned according to the FF&S sequences, and is included in this upgrade booklet. In addition, several rules additions and errata are included as well.
- "There are limitations to what can be included in a book of this size. All information on starship upgrades is already available in Brilliant Lances.
- "All of this material will be incorporated into the TNE second printing, which can be recognised by the phrase, 'Mk I Mod 1 (December 1993)' on its title page."
Credits (Primary Sources)
|Credits (Primary Sources)|
|Credit||Authors & Contributors|
|Credit||Authors & Contributors|
|Game Design||Frank Chadwick and Dave Nilsen|
|Additional Design and Development||Loren Wiseman|
|Idol Dreams Adventure||Kevin Brennan|
|Once and Future Emperor Adventure||James Maliszewski and Frank Chadwick|
|Hub Worlds Subsection Design||Adrian Stewart, Jae Campbell, Michael R. Mikesh, Leighton Piper, Nick Walker, Mark Gelinas, Harold Hale, Bertil Jonell, and David Schneider|
|Front Cover Art||John Zeleznik|
|Back Cover Art||Tony Szczudlo|
|Interior Art||Janet Aulisio, Steve Bryant, Rob Caswell, Paul Daly, C. Brent Ferguson, Ken Frank, Bryan Gibson, Rick Harris, Dick Hentz, William H. Keith, Jr., Rob Lazzaretti, Allen Nunis, and Mike Vilardi|
References & Contributions (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science