- A G-carrier is capable of close-orbital spaceflight (sealed against vacuum) and is much quicker than an Air/raft grav vehicle. A G-carrier is not intended for extended spaceflight. Spaceships (ship's gigs, shuttles, and other smallcraft) perform these roles.
G-Carriers commonly have the following features:
- They are Grav-Powered
- They are enclosed and provide life-support for the occupants
- They are designed to carry passengers (cargo is an extra)
- Most G-Carriers are capable of reaching orbit (occupants need not wear vacuum suits) and the trip will be a speedy one only taking a typical (15 to 45) minute flight depending on the size of the planet.
- G-Carriers have much more powerful engines when compared to Air/rafts.
- They don't usually have airlock and rely on the departure and arrivals points to provide safe spaces for passenger transfer.
Examples of G-Carriers
15 G-Carrier items
|Children's Air/Raft||G-Carrier||Flight (Grav)||12||1||TBD|
|Children's Floater||G-Carrier||Flight (Grav)||12||Cr2500|
|Fringian G-Carrier||G-Carrier||Flight (Grav)||10||6.0 Tons||Cr985,000|
|Grandjagoo class Sealed Air/Raft||G-Carrier||Flight (Grav)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Gudukraa class G-Carrier||G-Carrier||Flight (Grav)||12||36.5 tons||kCr635|
|Hurakan class Enclosed Air/Raft||G-Carrier||Flight (Grav)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Kankurur class G-Carrier||G-Carrier||Flight (Grav)||15||236Kl||Mcr11.858|
|Lopec class G-Carrier||G-Carrier||Flight (Grav)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Politesse class Grav Car||G-Carrier||Flight (Grav)||TBD||6 dton||Cr50,000+|
|Resolve class G-Carrier||G-Carrier||Flight (Grav)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Skyknight class G-Carrier||G-Carrier||Flight (Grav)||15||18.04 tons||Cr358,600|
|Trelea class Utility Grav||G-Carrier||Flight (Grav)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Utility floater||G-Carrier||Flight (Grav)||12||2500|
|Vargr Grav Platform||G-Carrier||Flight (Grav)||9||0.25 dTon||Cr161,500|
Strategy & Doctrine (Operations)
G-Carriers typically are used for the same general mission as taxis, busses, trains and aircraft at lower technology levels but some specialise for
- Interface Operations: (Space to Surface & Surface to Space)
- Exploration: (Transport of small numbers of key scientists or materials)
Many G-Carriers are built for dedicated para-military missions:
- Troop Transport Missions: (Carry small numbers of troops). These are then classified as Armoured Personnel Carriers.
- Utility Missions: (Carry small amounts of important materials)
No information yet available.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|