A Grav Bike is a personal Gravcraft providing no life-support.
A Grav Bike is a Personal Vehicle, a Gravcraft providing no life-support on which the crew (and possible passenger) ride. They generally provide a small space for personal equipment storage.
It should be noted that Grav Bikes fairings are important and getting any part of the body outside the air-pocket protected by that fairing can result in the rider being pulled from the bike once speeds exceed about 150-200kph. This becomes especially true if the bike passes through the sound barrier.
- A paramilitary vehicle: a Grav Bike used by the IISS. This is also widely available in civil society.
History & Background (Dossier)
Grav Bikes are widely used in Civil, Paramilitary and Military roles.
Grav Bikes used as transports for first-responders by paramedical groups, patrol vehicles by law-enforcement groups and racers by the rich and reckless.
n.b. Many jurisdictions require the wearing of a safety harness and filing of a flight-plan and almost all frown-upon passing through the sound barrier anywhere near buildings that may be damaged by the resultant shockwave.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Joe Fugate. Grand Survey (Digest Group Publications, 1986), .
- Gary L. Thomas. Grand Census (Digest Group Publications, 1987), .
- Loren Wiseman. Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 14 (Game Designers Workshop, 1982), .
- Dave Nilsen. Reformation Coalition Equipment Guide (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), .
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Traveller: The New Era (Game Designers Workshop, 1993), 365.
- Joe Fugate, J. Andrew Keith, Gary L. Thomas. World Builder's Handbook (Digest Group Publications, 1989), 44.
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- Contributor: BackworldTraveller