A prototypical shuttle having left orbit and now on a slow burn to destination.
|Type: UMS Shuttle|
|Also see||Utility Craft|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon design with Keith illustration.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
- Shuttles are a kind of Small Craft, spacecraft not meant for interstellar travel. Almost all work in an interface role, carrying passengers and cargo from planet side to space side and back.
- It is also known as the Type UMS class Shuttle. It typically comes in a 95 ton smallcraft variation, but other variations are possible including larger bigcraft.
- The Shuttle is also sometimes known as the Fast Shuttle.
- It is a civilian ship, a noncombatant smallcraft, and a Utility Craft.
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors (Sources)
Shuttles are usually unarmed, and are capable of cargo transfer in a vacuum. They have a mass displacement of 95 dTons, are typically capable of three Gs of acceleration, and can carry up to thirty passengers. They have a cargo hold capacity of 80.0 tons and a fuel capacity of 9.0 tons. 
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||95 tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/1 flt ship computer.|
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||6 months to build, 4 months in quantity.|
Most Common Standardized Smallcraft Types
- Cutter (50-ton)
- Fighter (10-ton)
- Launch (20-ton)
- Pinnace (40-ton)
- Ship's Boat (30-ton)
- Shuttle (95-ton)
- Slow Boat (30-ton)
- Slow Pinnace (40-ton)
The standard ship’s Shuttle is one of the largest and highest performance smallcraft vessels at 95 tons. It has become one of the eight most popular and commonly encountered smallcraft designs found within Charted Space. Access to planetary surfaces by ships incapable of landing themselves is made using shuttles which are present at a starport, or which are carried by the starship itself. 
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type UMS class Shuttle
- Aanz class System Shuttle
- Andrew class Commercial Shuttle
- Carrus class Shuttle
- Ciigusna class Shuttle
- Crawm class Shuttle
- Deployment Shuttle
- Excellence class Fast Shuttle
- Generic Shuttle
- Intruder class Shuttle
- Olympian class Shuttle
- Rosendal class Shuttle
- Traissthurdusa class Rocket
- Type 423 class Cargo Shuttle
- Vanguard class Shuttle
|This article has Metadata|