Nassin class System Defense Boat
|Nassin class System Defense Boat|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: HSVL System Defense Boat|
|Hull Configuration||[[Needle Hull]]|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
Qty: MCr 2,035.851
|Also see||System Defense Boat|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a paramilitary ship and a System Defense Boat.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
The TL–9 streamlined needle/wedge structured hulls are equipped with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification for wilderness ocean refueling. They have a Model/3 fib computer mounted adjacent to the bridge and are capable of 6-G acceleration and have a 5-Agility rating.
They are armed with two 100 ton missile bays. They have the the thickest armor reinforcement possible at this technology level. This renders them highly resistant to surface strikes. These craft are renowned for their ability to absorb punishment.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||2,000 tons (standard), 28,000 cubic meters.|
|2.||Crew||x49 crew: x11 command, 7 engineering, 5 gunnery, 2 flight, 4 services, 20 marines.|
|3.||Performance||6-G acceleration. Power plant-6. 120-EPs. Agility-5.|
|4.||Electronics||Model-3 fib computer.|
|6.||Armament||x2 100 ton missile bays.|
|8.||Craft||x1 2 dton Air/Raft, x1 10 ton Launch.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification.|
|10.||Cost||MCr 2,544.814 standard. MCr 2,035.851 in quantity.|
|11.||Construction Time||Construction Time: 126 weeks standard. |
101 weeks in quantity.
Designed and built at Lias for the Rimward Federation. These ships operate within the Far Home Sector. There are in service with the Federation Navy and twenty squadrons of 10 are posted at all nine Federation Starports for security and customs duties. Some are keep in a strategic mobile reserve as part of a quick reaction force. There are two thousand SDBs currently in service.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type HSVL class Very Light System Defense Boat
- Avoram class System Defense Boat
- Caryatid class System Defense Boat
- Condor class System Defense Boat
- Dragon class System Defense Boat
- Drakkon class System Defense Boat
- Dzegkno class System Defense Boat
- Eclipse Serpens class Light System Defense Boat
- Exarch class System Defense Boat
- Farnex class System Missile Defense Boat
- Fazachu class System Defense Boat
- Flash class System Defense Boat
- Frundsberg class System Defense Boat
- Grunt class System Defense Boat
- Gundong class System Defense Boat
- Harrier class System Defense Boat
- Holdfast class Heavy System Defense Boat
- Jugendworld class System Defense Boat
- K1074 class Heavy System Defense Boat
- K282 class Heavy System Defense Boat
- K56 class System Defense Boat
- Khanate class System Defense Boat
- Kuomsi class System Defense Boat
- Nassin class System Defense Boat
- Penner class System Defense Boat
- Pounce class System Defense Boat
- Ramrod class Missile Boat
- Reginald class System Defense Boat
- Ronix class Asteroid Patrol Boat
- Roye class System Defense Boat
- Scorpion class System Defense Boat
- Sentry class System Defense Boat
- Shukugan class System Defense Boat
- Stedlas class System Defense Boat
- Thele class System Defense Boat
- Torch class System Defense Boat
- Wasp class System Defense Boat
- Wolvesbane class System Defense Boat
- Wyvern class System Defense Boat
- Wyrm class System Defense Boat
- Zhodatl class System Defense Boat
- Zhodq class System Defense Boat
- Zydpedallion class System Defense Boat
- Zydpharn class System Defense Boat
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|