Musuna class Frigate
|Musuna class Frigate|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: EF Frigate|
|Hull Configuration||[[TBD Hull]]|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Cost||MCr1,291.056 (base) |
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Ron Kline Design|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a military ship and a Frigate.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
Designed and built at Denirad for the High Senate. These ships operate within the Far Home Sector. The TL–11 fully streamlined needle/wedge structure hulls are lightly armored. They carry enough fuel, internally for a single jump 2, with a jump 2 reserve for strategic withdrawal. They can carry drop tanks for an additional jump 2 as needed. There are in service with the High Senatorial Navy. They are equipped with scoops and on board fuel purification for wilderness ocean refueling. As a troop transport they carry as many marines as they can; 162 marines. The weapons include two dual plasma gun turrets for point defense, four triple beam laser turrets, and a missile bay for offense. The defenses include the armor plating over vital areas to protect against critical hits and four triple sand caster turrets. They have a model 5 fib computer mounted adjacent to the bridge and are capable of 2 G acceleration and have a 1 agility rating. There are five of these troop transports in the fleet, they multi-role as frigates when needed.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
- Tonnage: 2,000 tons (standard), 28,000 cubic meters.
- Crew: 11 command, 3 engineering, 9 gunnery, 4 services, 162 marines
- Performance: Jump 2, 2G acceleration. Power plant-2. 40 EP. Agility 1.
- Electronics: Model 5 fib computer
- Hardpoints/Armament: Missile bay, 2 dual fusion gun turrets, 4 triple beam laser turrets.
- Defenses: 4 triple sand caster turrets
- Craft: None
- Fuel Treatment: Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification
- Cost: MCr 1,219.056 standard. MCr 1,032.845 in quantity.
- Construction Time: 130 weeks standard. 104 weeks in quantity.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib computer.|
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
5 in service.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type EF class Frigate
- Accel class Light Frigate
- Chaiik class Frigate
- Dead Sun class Frigate
- Draper class Frigate
- Ghost class Frigate
- Hazard class Frigate
- Idris class Frigate
- KE11 Ancestor class Frigate
- Kinunir class Vanguard Cruiser
- Krivak class Frigate
- Last Armada class Fast Escort
- Leedos class Frigate
- Mangle class Frigate
- Maurus class Frigate
- Montgomery class Frigate
- Musuna class Frigate
- Naga class Frigate
- Nevato class Frigate
- Nonsuch class Patrol Frigate
- Nowa Sol class Frigate
- Oorlog Jacht class Frigate
- Pilum class Frigate
- Plasma Storm class Frigate
- Revenge War Sloop class Corvette
- Rr'xighik'ker class Frigate
- S-17r class Frigate
- Sardis class Frigate
- Se Koez class Frigate
- Surprise class Light Frigate
- Taranil class Patrol Frigate
- TC10 Kalsop class Frigate
- Type 053H Xiamen class Frigate
- Type G class Frigate
- Type VF class Frigate
- Uxkoong class Frigate
- Yubari class Frigate
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|