Leedos class Frigate
|Leedos class Frigate|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: EF Frigate|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr1,192.844 (base) |
|Passengers|| 0 High/Med |
|Reference||Ron Kline Design|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Leedos class Frigate is a light warship.
- It is a military ship and a Frigate.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
This TL–11 craft are fitted with the best ship's computer available, a military grade model/5 fib ship computer adjacent to the bridge. The needle/wedge hull is lightly armored and fully streamlined with scoops and on board fuel purification to allow wilderness ocean refueling. The ship has a powerful maneuver drive capable of 6Gs acceleration, but no agility. The ship is capable of Jump-2, and carries enough internal fuel for a Jump-2 with a Jump-1 reserve. They are fitted with Jump-2 drop tanks for increased range when crossing rift zones.
It carries a particle accelerator bay, and a pair of triple missile turrets. The large fusion power plant is rated to keep all the energy weapons and computers running, but doesn't generate enough for agility. There is a small cargo hold, which can double as a missile magazine.
There are 11 command crew, 5 engineers, 4 gunnery, 1 flight, 2 services, and 11 marines.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/5 fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type EF class Frigate
- Accel class Light Frigate
- Chaiik class Frigate
- Dead Sun class Frigate
- Draper class Frigate
- Ghost class Frigate
- Hazard class Frigate
- Idris class Frigate
- KE11 Ancestor class Frigate
- Kinunir class Vanguard Cruiser
- Krivak class Frigate
- Last Armada class Fast Escort
- Leedos class Frigate
- Mangle class Frigate
- Maurus class Frigate
- Montgomery class Frigate
- Musuna class Frigate
- Naga class Frigate
- Nevato class Frigate
- Nonsuch class Patrol Frigate
- Nowa Sol class Frigate
- Oorlog Jacht class Frigate
- Pilum class Frigate
- Plasma Storm class Frigate
- Revenge War Sloop class Corvette
- Rr'xighik'ker class Frigate
- S-17r class Frigate
- Sardis class Frigate
- Se Koez class Frigate
- Surprise class Light Frigate
- Taranil class Patrol Frigate
- TC10 Kalsop class Frigate
- Type 053H Xiamen class Frigate
- Type G class Frigate
- Type VF class Frigate
- Uxkoong class Frigate
- Yubari class Frigate
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science