Draper class Frigate
|Draper class Frigate|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: EF Frigate|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr755.284 |
MCr. 604.347 in quantity
|Origin||Saldazar Security Squadron|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Draper class Frigate is a light warship.
- It is a military ship and a Frigate.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
There are five of these ships currently in service.
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) when necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage||700 tons, partially streamlined close configuration.|
|2.||Crew||x17 crew includes the Pilot, Navigator, 8 Engineers, 1 Medic, 5 Gunners, 1 Flight Crew, 8.5 staterooms, double occupancy.|
|4.||Electronics||(x2) Model/5 fib computers.|
|7.||Defenses||Factor-2 hull armor, x1 triple sand caster turret as 1 battery.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification.|
|11.||Construction Time||25 months (98 weeks).|
Viewed as inexpensive when purchased in bulk, this ship is designed and built by Saldazar (1633 Far Home) A341753-B after 98 weeks for the prototype and 79 weeks for the production models at modest expense. In keeping with the Saldazar Security Squadron's internal security mission, this class was designed with a defensive mindset.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type TBD class Frigate
- Draper class Frigate
|This article has Metadata|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science