Trundi Fringe class Light Cruiser
|Trundi Fringe class Light Cruiser|
|Type: CL Light Cruiser|
|Hull Configuration||TBD Hull|
|Crew||137 with 40 marines|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Origin||Saldazar Security Squadron|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
6,901.874 in quantity
|Also see||Light Cruiser|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a military ship and a Light Cruiser.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||9,900 tons, partially streamlined close structure. It has a partially streamlined cylindrical structure hull. It has jump 2 range DeVoss Drives and 4 G acceleration with a 4 emergency agility rating. It carries enough internal fuel for a jump 2 with the ability to carry jump 2 drop tanks. The engineering section has a main control room. The jump drive utilizes a lanthanum hull grid. The jump drive is fitted with a jump governor.|
|2.||Crew||137 crew, with 11 command, 26 engineers, 36 gunnery, 4 flight, 20 service, 40 marines, 71.5 staterooms, double occupancy.|
|3.||Performance||jump 2, 4 G acceleration, power 4, 396 EP, agility 2.|
|4.||Electronics||(x2) Model/5 fib ship computers. It carries a model 5 fib computer, a back up computer in the event of battle damage. It carries a platoon of 40 fleet marines.|
|6.||Armament||9 dual fusion gun turrets with 18 batteries, 2 particle accelerator bays, 6 missile bays. They are armed with a pair of Bet Tan Mk 7 particle accelerator bays. They serve as a guided missile platform with six heavy missile bays. For missile, anti-fighter point defense and CQB they use 18 independently targetable plasma cannons to shed enemy missile salvos.|
|7.||Defenses||10 triple sand caster turrets, factor 6 hull armor. The hull is fully armored. The hull is heavily compartmentalized with thick bulkheads and a reinforced internal structure.|
|8.||Craft||x1 700T Frigate, x2 300T Corvette.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification. It is fitted with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification for wilderness gas giant refueling.|
|11.||Construction Time||159 weeks.|
|12.||Comments||3 in service.|
A prototype and two production models have been laid down thus far. These vessels operate in the Far Home Sector of the Distant Fringe. The Salazar serves as the flagship for the fleet and is under the personal command of the Fleet Admiral.
Designed and built by Saldazar (1633 Far Home) A341753-B after 159 weeks for the prototype and 127 weeks for the production models at modest expense. In keeping with the Saldazar Security Squadron's internal security mission, this class was designed with a defensive mindset. Three are currently in service.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CL class Light Cruiser
- Amazone class Light Cruiser
- Atsah class Light Cruiser
- Basilos class Pocket Cruiser
- Blue Ridge class Command Cruiser
- Blunt Force class Light Cruiser
- Death's Head class Light Cruiser
- Delightful class Light Cruiser
- Dimin class Pocket Cruiser
- Foghoks class Heavy Cruiser
- Grinder class Light Cruiser
- Griswold class Light Cruiser
- Guanxou class Light Cruiser
- Gvergh class Cruiser
- Holy Avenger class Pursuit Cruiser
- Hughes class Light Cruiser
- Ikired*Ni class Medium Cruiser
- Imporis class Light Cruiser
- Intrepid class Cruiser
- Iroieah class Light Cruiser
- K'shek class Light Cruiser
- Ka'sch class Battle Cruiser
- Khiirshag class Light Cruiser
- Kilbride class Light Frigate
- Lenat class Light Cruiser
- Lon Mardos class Light Cruiser
- Montrose class Light Frigate
- Oumuamua class Light Cruiser
- Plizhdrint class Light Cruiser
- Pteron class Battle Cruiser
- Pugnacious class Battle Cruiser
- Resadiye class Light Cruiser
- Riavl class Light Cruiser
- Sabre class Light Cruiser
- Salazar class Light Cruiser
- Sanoet class Light Cruiser
- Sarmonocci class Light Cruiser
- SH20K class Light Cruiser
- Shizhdr class Light Cruiser
- Swooping Victory class Defense Cruiser
- Tacoolu class Light Cruiser
- Terminus class Light Cruiser
- Terrible class Light Cruiser
- Ticonderoga class Light Cruiser
- Trundi Fringe class Light Cruiser
- Type C31 class Cruiser
- Valeria class Light Cruiser
- Vlezdre' class Light Cruiser
- Vosh class Security Cruiser
- Warhound class Light Cruiser
- Weakhto class Cruiser
- Winston class Light Cruiser
- Zhdavldlits class Light Cruiser
- Zydar class Light Cruiser
|This article has metadata.|