Vlezdre' class Light Cruiser
|Vlezdre' class Light Cruiser|
Published, canon starship design.
|Type: CL Cruiser|
|Passengers||2 High/Med Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Vlezdre' class Light Cruiser is a light warship.
The Light Cruiser Vlezdre’ is the first unit in its class (2 of batch I actually built, 16 Batch II with 16 more on the slipways). It is a 12,000 ton military design with a construction tech level of 14 and a cost of MCr10,239., including design fees. Construction time is 162 weeks. Subsequent ships of the class will cost MCr 18,131. and take 131 weeks to complete.
- The 12,000 ton hull is of the Cone configuration; it is streamlined and capable of atmospheric work (hull cost, including 10% surcharge for Cone configuration: MCr1,320.0). The ship carries armor factor-2. Fuel scoops are present (MCr12.0).
- Two bridges (480.0 tons; MCr120.0) and 2 computers are installed, highest rated is model 5fib (10.0 tons; MCr68.0; 3 energy points).
- The ship is Jump-4 (600 tons; MCr2), Maneuver-4 (1,320 tons; MCr660), and Power plant-7 (1,680 tons; MCr5). The power plant provides 840 energy points.
- Fuel tankage provides 5,640 tons of fuel. 4,800 tons enables a 4 parsec jump range and a further 840 tons giving endurance 4 weeks (28 weeks powered down). There is a fuel purification plant (11.3 tons; MCr0.08).
- The ship is armed; Two repulsor batteries of factor 3 (100 tons; MCr 12; 10 energy points). Four missile batteries of factor 9 (200 tons; MCr 48). Three particle accelerator batteries of factor 9 (300 tons; MCr 105; 180 energy points). 12 sand caster batteries of factor 4 (12 tons; MCr 9). Four laser batteries of factor 5 (8 tons; MCr 24; 24 energy points). No spinal mount.
- The ship carries a factor-3 nuclear damper (20.0 tons; MCr 45.0; 30.0 energy points) and a factor-3 meson screen (45.0 tons; MCr 55.0; 72.0 energy points)
- The crew numbers 233 (Command: 2+7, Engineers: 1+35, Service: 1+23, Flight: 1+34, Gunners: 1+42, Marines: 3+72, Steward: 0+1, Specialists: 3+6, Medic: 0+1) including 73 marines. A frozen watch is also carried. Passengers number 2 high, 1 mid. All sophonts are accomodated in 15 staterooms, 221 half-staterooms (cabins) and 117 low berths (560.5 tons; MCr68.6).
- Payloads carried includes; a large troop trainning and assembly area , three Jump capsule launchers, 48 Jump capsule, launch-readies, 48 additional Jump capsules, 24 Reconnaissence and survellience probes. cargos, two electronic warfare and intelligence skiffs , (99.0 tons, MCr3.6).
- A cargo hold of 60.0 tons is provided.
- Ship's vehicles include; Four ZNLF grav gunships in berths, with 48.0 ton of garage space. 12 10 ton Light Fighters, Two 50 ton Cutters, Two 50 ton cutter modules, occupying a 416.0 ton hanger.
- The ship has an agility of 4 and an emergency agility of 4.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib computer.|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
The Vlezdre’ Class Light Cruiser first appeared a few months before the outbreak of the Fifth Frontier War. The Vlezdre’ and her sister ship Vlezabr are the first of the class and where laid down at Pri (0601-Letlansh/Iakr) in 1101. By 1106 they had completed their shake down cruises and were assigned to the 17th & 18th Cruiser Squadrons respectively. Although they are classified as light cruisers they are moderately armored and heavily armed for their size at the cost of range and speed. Offensively, they rely on the three batteries of 100-ton Particle Accelerator Bays to engage and defeat the enemy. The class is designed for aggressive reconnaissance in advance of the heavy cruisers and to screen them against the other light cruisers, heavier destroyers and System Defense Boats encountered in Imperial Space. With the outbreak of the war all production stopped on the other 8 hulls laid down. To maintain the fleet resources where channeled to refit and repair of existing capital ships. Both the Vlezdre’ and the Vlezabr survived the conflict and had performed up to expectations for the class. During the post-war refit a thorough board of naval inquiry by the Zhodani Navy and the Bureau of Zhodani Naval Architects was concluded on and then modified the class. Implementing these modifications the remaining eight hulls where completed (1114) and are known as Batch 1 Mod 1s. Where as the original two ships of the class are known as Batch 1 Mod 0. The Second generation of the class (Batch 2) has been laid down and a total of 16 have been completed since(1116) and another 16 more are under construction at naval shipyards at Pri and Yeprdrebzdi (0726-Anshieprlenzh/Ziafrplians). The batch 1 & 2 cruisers are deployed in the 10th, 14th -19th Cruiser Squadrons along the borders of the Imperium and Vargr Extents. The Vlezdre’ and her sister ship are both now in 84th Cruiser Squadron deployed in the Iakr (Foreven) sector along the frontier. 
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
The carried fighter squadron is supplemented with a small team of psionic adepts who add to the combat efficiency and flexibility to the fighters when deployed.
• There is a Flag/Consular Stateroom on bored that is the equivalent of three staterooms combined, when not occupied it is used as an officer’s lounge.
• A Reinforced Platoon of Zhodani Special Naval Landing Force is assigned to each cruiser as ship’s troops for security, boarding parties and surface actions. They are armed for surface operations at TL 14 with Gauss rifles, Light VRF Gauss guns, Tac-Missile launchers & combat armor. There are four grav gunships capable of carrying each a squad and armed with VRF Gauss guns and Tac-Missiles. For shipboard duties the platoon s armed with laser pistols and carbines for vessel defense.
• The 24 Reconnaissance probes are used in gathering intelligence in hostile star systems. They can be used in passive an actives modes and have an operational life of 6 months due to the small fusion reactor they carry. Lightly armed for self-defense and possessing a wide sweeping array of electronic, seismic and visual sensors they are capable of operating in deep space and on planetary surfaces they enable the cruiser to stay on the leading edge of the information/intelligence war. If disabled and recovered by non-Zhodani forces they have a built in self destruct device equivalent to a .1megaton yield nuclear weapon.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CL class Light Cruiser
- Amazone class Light Cruiser
- Atsah class Light Cruiser
- Basilos class Pocket Cruiser
- Blue Ridge class Command Cruiser
- Blunt Force class Light Cruiser
- Death's Head class Light Cruiser
- Delightful class Light Cruiser
- Dimin class Pocket Cruiser
- Foghoks class Heavy Cruiser
- Grinder class Light Cruiser
- Griswold class Light Cruiser
- Guanxou class Light Cruiser
- Gvergh class Cruiser
- Holy Avenger class Pursuit Cruiser
- Hughes class Light Cruiser
- Ikired*Ni class Medium Cruiser
- Imporis class Light Cruiser
- Intrepid class Cruiser
- Iroieah class Light Cruiser
- K'shek class Light Cruiser
- Ka'sch class Battle Cruiser
- Khiirshag class Light Cruiser
- Kilbride class Light Frigate
- Lenat class Light Cruiser
- Lon Mardos class Light Cruiser
- Montrose class Light Frigate
- Oumuamua class Light Cruiser
- Plizhdrint class Light Cruiser
- Pteron class Battle Cruiser
- Pugnacious class Battle Cruiser
- Resadiye class Light Cruiser
- Riavl class Light Cruiser
- Sabre class Light Cruiser
- Salazar class Light Cruiser
- Sanoet class Light Cruiser
- Sarmonocci class Light Cruiser
- SH20K class Light Cruiser
- Shizhdr class Light Cruiser
- Swooping Victory class Defense Cruiser
- Tacoolu class Light Cruiser
- Terminus class Light Cruiser
- Terrible class Light Cruiser
- Ticonderoga class Light Cruiser
- Trundi Fringe class Light Cruiser
- Type C31 class Cruiser
- Valeria class Light Cruiser
- Vlezdre' class Light Cruiser
- Vosh class Security Cruiser
- Warhound class Light Cruiser
- Weakhto class Cruiser
- Winston class Light Cruiser
- Zhdavldlits class Light Cruiser
- Zydar class Light Cruiser
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Bleddyn Wilson AKA Meteoric Assault
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science