Ka'sch class Battle Cruiser
|Ka'sch class Battle Cruiser|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: CL Battle Cruiser|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr18,371.404 (base) |
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Hull||Close Structure Hull|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Streamlining||Partially Streamlined Hull|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Ka'sch class Battle Cruiser is a light warship.
- It is a military ship and a Battle Cruiser.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
They are capable of 2G acceleration with no agility rating. It is a partially streamlined close structure hull, with scoops, and an on board fuel purification refinery for gas giant refueling. The TL–11 hulls carries enough internal fuel for a Range-2 Jump. It is fitted with Jump-2 drop tanks as needed to cross larger rift zones. It carries a pair of model/5 fib ship computers.
- It is equipped with a spinal mounted meson gun, forty triple missile turrets in four batteries, ten dual plasma gun turrets, ten triple pulse laser turrets, and ten triple sand caster turrets.
- There are is a platoon of Sath Alliance Grav Tanks, a squadron of 30 dton Sath class Medium Fighters, and a pair of 20 dton retrieval boats.
- It has a # sophont crew and # marines.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/5 fib computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||None|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CL class Light Cruiser
- Amazone class Light Cruiser
- Atsah class Light Cruiser
- Basilos class Pocket Cruiser
- Blue Ridge class Command Cruiser
- Blunt Force class Light Cruiser
- Death's Head class Light Cruiser
- Delightful class Light Cruiser
- Dimin class Pocket Cruiser
- Foghoks class Heavy Cruiser
- Grinder class Light Cruiser
- Griswold class Light Cruiser
- Guanxou class Light Cruiser
- Gvergh class Cruiser
- Holy Avenger class Pursuit Cruiser
- Hughes class Light Cruiser
- Ikired*Ni class Medium Cruiser
- Imporis class Light Cruiser
- Intrepid class Cruiser
- Iroieah class Light Cruiser
- K'shek class Light Cruiser
- Ka'sch class Battle Cruiser
- Khiirshag class Light Cruiser
- Kilbride class Light Frigate
- Lenat class Light Cruiser
- Lon Mardos class Light Cruiser
- Montrose class Light Frigate
- Oumuamua class Light Cruiser
- Plizhdrint class Light Cruiser
- Pteron class Battle Cruiser
- Pugnacious class Battle Cruiser
- Resadiye class Light Cruiser
- Riavl class Light Cruiser
- Sabre class Light Cruiser
- Salazar class Light Cruiser
- Sanoet class Light Cruiser
- Sarmonocci class Light Cruiser
- SH20K class Light Cruiser
- Shizhdr class Light Cruiser
- Swooping Victory class Defense Cruiser
- Tacoolu class Light Cruiser
- Terminus class Light Cruiser
- Terrible class Light Cruiser
- Ticonderoga class Light Cruiser
- Trundi Fringe class Light Cruiser
- Type C31 class Cruiser
- Valeria class Light Cruiser
- Vlezdre' class Light Cruiser
- Vosh class Security Cruiser
- Warhound class Light Cruiser
- Weakhto class Cruiser
- Winston class Light Cruiser
- Zhdavldlits class Light Cruiser
- Zydar class Light Cruiser
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- , , . (, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science