Tacoolu class Light Cruiser
|Tacoolu class Light Cruiser|
Long Range Scout Cruiser
|Type: CL Light Cruiser|
|Hull Configuration||Wedge Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Architect fee||MCrRonald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Quick Ship Profile||CL-0AS16|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a military ship and a Light Cruiser.
- The vessel is a TL-15 design.
- It is also known as a Tacoolu class Scout Cruiser.
It is a vessel with 1-G and J-6 performance with a streamlined oreo pattern wedge hull. The Tacoolu class Light Cruiser is employed on the fringes of Imperial space, where long-range capability is a necessity to cross between widely scattered stars. They are built to "live off the land", with over-engineered machinery, multiple redundancies, and wilderness refuelling capabilities.
- It carries heavy armament and a military defensive suite. Their lack of armor and agility puts them at a disadvantage in combat, though this is somewhat compensated for by their use of a prototype Black Globe generator.
- It ordinarily carries several subcraft, several ship's vehicles, and several drones.
- It has a 128 sophont crew and no marines.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||The Tacoolu class is constructed using a 10,000 Ton hull built in a Needle configuration. The hull is fully streamlined, giving good atmospheric performance that is further enhanced by its onboard gravitic systems.|
|3.||Performance||The vessel mounts a Jump-6 drive, a Maneuver-1 drive, and a Power Plant-8, giving performance of Jump-6 and 1-G acceleration. The ship has an agility rating of 1. The internal fuel tankage is sufficient for one Jump-6 and gives the power plant 4 weeks duration.|
|4.||Electronics||Adjacent to the bridge is a Model/9 fib ship computer: no backup computer is installed.
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for a Tacoolu class is:
|7.||Defenses||The hull is unarmored.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||The vessel has internal fuel tankage of 6,800 Tons.|
|10.||Cost||The basic cost of the vessel is MCr8,340.942
|11.||Construction Time||160 weeks (37 months) as standard.
|12.||Comments||Standard cargo capacity amounts to 13.0 Tons.
Tacoolu class vessels have had more than their fair share of first encounters and border skirmishes and a number of examples of the class have been lost. The intended mission of Tacoolu class Light Cruisers is covert operations: they are spy-ships. They are used for intelligence gathering, data retrieval, reconnaissance, and other surveillance activities. A common practice is to use their Black Globes for concealment. Examples of the class are known to serve with the 146th Fleet, the 172nd Fleet, the 283rd Fleet and the 314th Fleet.
"Oreo Pattern" hulls are a naval design feature that grew out of the "Oreo Settlement", and which was initially implemented in Oreo Subsector of Massilia Sector for economic reasons following the Civil War. Fundamentally, it is the process of creating hybrid technology ships. Unarmored hulls are locally built at lower tech levels, transported aboard commercial vessels, and fitted out as TL-15 warships at the more advanced shipyards in the region. "Oreo Pattern" starships have proven just as capable as their counterparts originating in other regions of the Imperium and it is now an accepted quirk of warships originating within the Domain of Sylea. 
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CL class Light Cruiser
- Amazone class Light Cruiser
- Atsah class Light Cruiser
- Basilos class Pocket Cruiser
- Blue Ridge class Command Cruiser
- Blunt Force class Light Cruiser
- Death's Head class Light Cruiser
- Delightful class Light Cruiser
- Dimin class Pocket Cruiser
- Foghoks class Heavy Cruiser
- Grinder class Light Cruiser
- Griswold class Light Cruiser
- Guanxou class Light Cruiser
- Gvergh class Cruiser
- Holy Avenger class Pursuit Cruiser
- Hughes class Light Cruiser
- Ikired*Ni class Medium Cruiser
- Imporis class Light Cruiser
- Intrepid class Cruiser
- Iroieah class Light Cruiser
- K'shek class Light Cruiser
- Ka'sch class Battle Cruiser
- Khiirshag class Light Cruiser
- Kilbride class Light Frigate
- Lenat class Light Cruiser
- Lon Mardos class Light Cruiser
- Montrose class Light Frigate
- Oumuamua class Light Cruiser
- Plizhdrint class Light Cruiser
- Pteron class Battle Cruiser
- Pugnacious class Battle Cruiser
- Resadiye class Light Cruiser
- Riavl class Light Cruiser
- Sabre class Light Cruiser
- Salazar class Light Cruiser
- Sanoet class Light Cruiser
- Sarmonocci class Light Cruiser
- SH20K class Light Cruiser
- Shizhdr class Light Cruiser
- Swooping Victory class Defense Cruiser
- Tacoolu class Light Cruiser
- Terminus class Light Cruiser
- Terrible class Light Cruiser
- Ticonderoga class Light Cruiser
- Trundi Fringe class Light Cruiser
- Type C31 class Cruiser
- Valeria class Light Cruiser
- Vlezdre' class Light Cruiser
- Vosh class Security Cruiser
- Warhound class Light Cruiser
- Weakhto class Cruiser
- Winston class Light Cruiser
- Zhdavldlits class Light Cruiser
- Zydar class Light Cruiser
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|