Winston class Light Cruiser
|Winston class Light Cruiser|
|Type: CL Light Cruiser|
|Hull Configuration||TBD Hull|
|Computer||Model 4 fib|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Also see||Light Cruiser|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
Winston class Light Cruisers serve with the navy of the Winston Democracy, a polity lying to rimward of the Solomani Confederation. The vessel is built around a huge fusion power plant large enough to charge the big spinal mounted particle accelerator that runs the length of the ship's keel. The rest of its firepower is limited to turrets. Winstons are fundamentally gun platforms: they are slow and have little agility but punch far above their weight.
- The vessel is a TL-10 design.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage||The Winston class is constructed using a 15,000 Ton hull built in a flattened sphere configuration. The hull is fully streamlined, giving a good atmospheric performance that is further enhanced by its onboard gravitic systems.
|3.||Performance||The vessel mounts a Jump-1 drive, a Maneuver-1 drive, and a Power Plant-9, giving performance of Jump-1 and 1-G acceleration. The ship has an agility rating of 1. The internal fuel tankage is sufficient for two consecutive Jump-1s and gives the power plant four weeks duration.
|4.||Electronics||The vessel is fitted with an efficient Model 4/fib computer: no backup computer is installed.
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for a Winston class is:
|7.||Defenses||The hull is not armored.|
|8.||Craft||The vessel carries no subcraft.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||The vessel has internal fuel tankage of 4,350 Tons.|
|10.||Cost||The basic cost of the vessel is MCr18,402.783
|11.||Construction Time||167 weeks (39 months) as standard.
|12.||Comments||Standard cargo capacity amounts to 62 Tons.
Winston class Light Cruisers are part of The Democratic People's Defense Forces, the military of the Winston Democracy. They are designed to operate alongside Stormbringer class Fleet Tenders. They carry enough fuel for two jumps, to allow them to keep pace with the Stormbringers.
Accommodations aboard Winstons are notoriously poor, with cramped and inconveniently sited quarters and limited personal storage space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CL class Light Cruiser
- Amazone class Light Cruiser
- Atsah class Light Cruiser
- Basilos class Pocket Cruiser
- Blue Ridge class Command Cruiser
- Blunt Force class Light Cruiser
- Death's Head class Light Cruiser
- Delightful class Light Cruiser
- Dimin class Pocket Cruiser
- Foghoks class Heavy Cruiser
- Grinder class Light Cruiser
- Griswold class Light Cruiser
- Guanxou class Light Cruiser
- Gvergh class Cruiser
- Holy Avenger class Pursuit Cruiser
- Hughes class Light Cruiser
- Ikired*Ni class Medium Cruiser
- Imporis class Light Cruiser
- Intrepid class Cruiser
- Iroieah class Light Cruiser
- K'shek class Light Cruiser
- Ka'sch class Battle Cruiser
- Khiirshag class Light Cruiser
- Kilbride class Light Frigate
- Lenat class Light Cruiser
- Lon Mardos class Light Cruiser
- Montrose class Light Frigate
- Oumuamua class Light Cruiser
- Plizhdrint class Light Cruiser
- Pteron class Battle Cruiser
- Pugnacious class Battle Cruiser
- Resadiye class Light Cruiser
- Riavl class Light Cruiser
- Sabre class Light Cruiser
- Salazar class Light Cruiser
- Sanoet class Light Cruiser
- Sarmonocci class Light Cruiser
- SH20K class Light Cruiser
- Shizhdr class Light Cruiser
- Swooping Victory class Defense Cruiser
- Tacoolu class Light Cruiser
- Terminus class Light Cruiser
- Terrible class Light Cruiser
- Ticonderoga class Light Cruiser
- Trundi Fringe class Light Cruiser
- Type C31 class Cruiser
- Valeria class Light Cruiser
- Vlezdre' class Light Cruiser
- Vosh class Security Cruiser
- Warhound class Light Cruiser
- Weakhto class Cruiser
- Winston class Light Cruiser
- Zhdavldlits class Light Cruiser
- Zydar class Light Cruiser
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|