Kinunir class Vanguard Cruiser
|Kinunir class Vanguard Cruiser|
|Type: EF Vanguard Cruiser|
|Hull Configuration||Wedge Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Year Operational||932 IC|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Cost||MCr1,079.99 in quantity|
|Architect fee||MCrTimothy B. Brown|
|Quick Ship Profile||EF-MU44|
|Also see||Vanguard Cruiser|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||The Kinunir 10-11,17-29.|
|Classic Traveller core ship design.|
- The Kinunir class Battle Cruiser is a light warship.
- It is also known as the Kinunir class Colonial Cruiser.
- It is a military ship and performs numerous roles including Battle Cruiser, Colonial Cruiser, Vanguard Cruiser, and others. It is probably more properly an escort by size and capability. 
Comments: The Kinunir class colonial cruiser (also known by a variety of designations: vanguard cruiser, battlecruiser, and vanguard escort) is not a true cruiser, being more properly termed an escort. This particular ship is an ill-fated model discontinued after a production run of only twenty examples. Several have been lost in action, and one has been converted to an orbital prison. 
The Kinunir (BC-9514) was eventually located by an independent corporation in 1110. The corporate team succeeded in disarming the AI computer that had killed the crew and took the ship secretly to the Old Islands Subsector, using deep-space caches for refueling. Once in the New Home system the corporation found the ship very useful for protecting its assets in the area.
- A line drawing of a Kinunir class Vanguard Cruiser.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage||1,250 tons (standard). 17,500 cubic meters. |
|2.||Crew||x11 officers, x34 ratings, x35 marines.  Total: 80 crew.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/7 fib ship computer. |
|5.||Hardpoints||12 hardpoints. |
|6.||Armament||Eight dual laser turrets organized into two batteries. Two single particle accelerator turrets organized into two batteries. Two triple missile turrets organized into two batteries. |
|7.||Defenses||Nuclear damper (Factor-5). Force field (black globe) generator (Factor-1). |
|8.||Craft||One 35-ton pinnace. |
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel scoops and on-board fuel purification plant. |
|10.||Cost||MCr1,349.99 standard; MCr1,079.99 in quantity. |
|11.||Construction Time||30 months singly; 21 months in quantity. |
Originally conceived as vanguard cruisers, the Imperial succession of 1071 (and the associated policy changes) resulted in their conversion to colonial cruisers (euphemistically called battle cruisers). Of the 24 authorized units, 20 were completed prior to project cancellation. Fifteen remain in Imperial service, two having been lost in action in 1084, one missing (presumed lost), one scrapped,one transferred to the Vegan Autonomous District, and one paid off. In Service: 15, KIA: 2, MIA: 1, Transferred: 1, Paid Off: 1, Scrapped: 1.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Class Naming Practice/s: The Kinunir class is named for the first vessel of its type to fly. Although both Shulgi and Zaggisi were laid down before Kinunir, General Products rushed their ships to completion, recording flight three days before their competitors. While most of the vessels remain in service in the Spinward Marches, some few have been lost, disposed of, or otherwise taken from service.
Selected Class Members
- Kinunir (BC-9514): Disappeared without a trace while on routine patrol sometime on mid-1088. A subsector-wide search failed to locate the ship, and its fate remains unknown.
- Lost in Action:
- Allamu (BC-9516): Caught in the van at the Battle of Two Suns, 1084, it withstood over four hours of steady attack before suffering screen failure and was lost with all hands. On 117-1085, the Emperor personally memorialized the name Allamu, which will henceforth be assigned to dreadnought-class ships and above. To date, no ship bearing the name has been constructed.
- Ninkur Sagga (BC-9521): Suffered either a spontaneous missile detonation or a freak globe screen failure (accounts differ) while engaged on the port dorsal flank at the Battle of Two Suns, 1084. Lost with all hands.
- Paid Off:
- Gaesh (BC-9528): barely passed trials in 1087. Never attained greater than jump 3 in actual use. Paid off 090-1098 and converted to the uncrewed orbital Gaesh Prison Hulk 254-1098, currently at Pixie. Drive rooms gutted and converted to detention cells. Ship is currently incapable of jump or maneuver.
- Adda Dubsar (BC-9532): One of four ill-fated ships of General manufacture, was scrapped on the ways 208-1089 after a Navy decision to discontinue production.
Currently In Service
- Zaggisi (BC-9512): Suffered minor damage in the Battle of Two Suns. Served most of the Fifth Frontier War involved in convoy duty.
- Shulgi (BC-9513): Involved in numerous small actions in the Fourth Frontier War and the Fifth Frontier War.
- Sun Tzu (BC-9515): Credited with killing two Zhodani escorts during the Fourth Frontier War. Sat most of the Fifth Frontier War in reserve status.
- Wuzi (BC-9517): Spent most of Fourth Frontier War involved in rear area security. Spent the Fifth Frontier War in strategic reserve.
- Sun Boling (BC-9519): Damaged in the defense of Esalin/Jewell (Spinward Marches 1004) during the Fourth Frontier War. Participated in various small actions during the war. Spent the Fifth Frontier War providing escort support and is credited with killing two raiders and damaging numerous others.
- Queen Seondeok (BC-9520): Heavily damaged in the probing actions leading up to the Battle of Two Suns. Damaged again during Zhodani raid on Inthe (Spinward Marches 2410) in 1108, but was repaired in time to participate in the taking of Esalin/Jewell (Spinward Marches 1004). Took light damage during the skirmishes proceeding the end of the Fifth Frontier War. Credited with the destruction of a stealthed command ship during the final days of the war.
- Trajan (BC-9522): Damaged during Zhodani raid on Inthe (Spinward Marches 2410) in 1108. Credited with the destruction of four close escorts later in the war.
- Probus (BC-9523): Performed well in the actions around Esalin/Jewell (Spinward Marches 1004) during the Fifth Frontier War. Credited with damaging a number of enemy vessels.
- Lucullus (BC-9524): Heavily damaged during Zhodani raid on Inthe (Spinward Marches 2410) in 1108. Did not get back into action before the war's end.
- Aurelian (BC-9525): Damaged during Zhodani raid on Inthe (Spinward Marches 2410) in 1108. Returned the favor by participating in several raids on Zhodani outposts. Credited with twelve SBD kills and the destruction of a number of small outposts.
- Dexagoridas (BC-9526): Suffered minor damage during the Zhodani raid on Inthe (Spinward Marches 2410) in 1108. Credited with kill a escort and several fighters in the actions around Esalin/Jewell (Spinward Marches 1004) during the Fifth Frontier War.
- Mnasippus (BC-9527): Performed rear area security duties and pirate suppression duties during the Fifth Frontier War. Credited with destroying two pirates, and capturing a third.
- Cimon (BC-9529): Involved in actions around Esalin/Jewell (Spinward Marches 1004) during the Fifth Frontier War. Heavily damaged during final fleet actions against Zhodani fleet at Esalin/Jewell (Spinward Marches 1004). Credited with damaging a Zhodani light cruiser.
- Xanthippus (BC-9530): Credited with damaging Zhodani screening elements during the Zhodani raid on Inthe (Spinward Marches 2410) in 1108. Spent the rest of the war in providing frontier security.
- Adamdun (BC-9531): Destroyed a heavily damaged Zhodani battlecruiser during the Zhodani retreat of Esalin/Jewell (Spinward Marches 1004) in 1110. Damaged in actions with Zhodani fleet rearguard screen elements.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type EF class Frigate
- Accel class Light Frigate
- Chaiik class Frigate
- Dead Sun class Frigate
- Draper class Frigate
- Ghost class Frigate
- Hazard class Frigate
- Idris class Frigate
- KE11 Ancestor class Frigate
- Kinunir class Vanguard Cruiser
- Krivak class Frigate
- Last Armada class Fast Escort
- Leedos class Frigate
- Mangle class Frigate
- Maurus class Frigate
- Montgomery class Frigate
- Musuna class Frigate
- Naga class Frigate
- Nevato class Frigate
- Nonsuch class Patrol Frigate
- Nowa Sol class Frigate
- Oorlog Jacht class Frigate
- Pilum class Frigate
- Plasma Storm class Frigate
- Revenge War Sloop class Corvette
- Rr'xighik'ker class Frigate
- S-17r class Frigate
- Sardis class Frigate
- Se Koez class Frigate
- Surprise class Light Frigate
- Taranil class Patrol Frigate
- TC10 Kalsop class Frigate
- Type 053H Xiamen class Frigate
- Type G class Frigate
- Type VF class Frigate
- Uxkoong class Frigate
- Yubari class Frigate
|This article has metadata.|
|This ship was originally designed using one of the Classic Traveller ship design rules:|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|