Switch Black class Intruder Scout
|Switch Black class Intruder|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: SG Intruder Scout|
|Also see||Intruder Vessel|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr91.914 (base) |
|Origin||Protectorate of Leset|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Ron Kline Design|
|Streamlining||Partially Streamlined Hull|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Switch Black class Intruder Scout is a combat scouting starship.
The cylindrical hull was easy and cheap to build. She has a Model/4 fib ship computer and is capable of 2G acceleration and has no Agility rating. The partial streamlining, combined with the fuel scoops and on board fuel refineries permit wilderness gas giant refueling. The TL–12 hull has Jump-2 drives and carries enough internal fuel for two Jump-2s, and carry drop tanks with 28 days of power plant fuel and an additional Jump-2 as needed.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
- Tonnage: 100 tons (standard), 1,400 cubic meters.
- Crew: Pilot, Gunner
- Performance: Jump 2. 2G acceleration. Power plant-2. 2 EP. Agility 0.
- Electronics: Model/4 fib ship computer
- Hardpoints/Armament: One triple missile turret
- Defenses: none
- Craft: 4 ton Air Raft
- Fuel Treatment: Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification
- Cost: MCr 91.914 standard. MCr 73.531 in quantity.
- Construction Time: 40 weeks standard. 32 weeks in quantity.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib computer.|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type SG class Gunned Scout
- Chatl class Leader Scout
- Hunter class Armored Scout
- KE2 Zerp class Battle Scout
- Militia class Military Scout
- Ninz class Scout
- Prata class Attack Scout
- Protective class Scout
- Skela class Attack Scout
- Stayaow class Combat Scout
- Switch Black class Intruder Scout
- Vanguard class Attack Scout
- Wiesbaden class Military Scout
- Wrathful class War Scout
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science