Hunter class Armored Scout
|Hunter class Armored Scout|
A top down view of a Hunter class Armored Scout.
|Type: SG Armored Scout|
|Hull Configuration||Wedge Hull|
|Streamlining||Lifting Body Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Architect fee||Yves Simon, Matti Laakso|
|Quick Ship Profile||SG-AL33|
|Also see||Scout Vessel|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Yves Simon|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
It is a vessel with 3-G and J-3 performance with a lifting body wedge hull. It is also fitted with many sensors and ECM systems including a EMM system. The Hunter is also faster and have a longer Jump range, although it has less maneuver fuel than its Imperial counterpart.
- It carries light armament and a military defensive suite. The Hunter Armored Scout is an heavy ship, armored with more than 2cm of bonded superdense plating. It is armed with a single standard turret (...generally fitted with a remote laser turret) and two forward mounted missile tubes.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft, no ship's vehicles, and several drones under standard complement. Also a single 2dt Wolfhound class Sensor Drone is included in an internal hangar. As the ship is exclusively a military asset (...and not designed for surveys), it is not fitted with an air/raft.
- It has a 6 sophont crew and no marines.
- A Hunter class Armored Scout streaking across the surface of a desert world.
- The Hunter class Armored Scout, a large and potent combat scout.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||100 tons. Streamlined wedge configuration.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Bridge. Model/3 fib computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||TBD|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
The Hunter Class Armored Scout is a recent development from the Solomani Navy. Being outnumbered and often outclassed by the Imperial Navy, SolSec, and the Solomani Navy needs every possible advantage, including intelligence and recon. Therefore an new scout class was commissioned with very precise requirements. The new ships was to be at least as armed and fast than its imperial counterpart, it was also to be more armored, fully stealthed and as efficient than the Type S Scout. Only the Avalon Shipyards were able to fit all those requirements in a 100dt hull.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: Commissioned before the Rebellion, the Hunter has seen many battles and has perfectly performed all its missions. The only regret from the different crew is size of the crew area, which means that crew-members must be recruited with a high social rating...
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type SG class Gunned Scout
- Chatl class Leader Scout
- Hunter class Armored Scout
- KE2 Zerp class Battle Scout
- Militia class Military Scout
- Ninz class Scout
- Prata class Attack Scout
- Protective class Scout
- Skela class Attack Scout
- Stayaow class Combat Scout
- Switch Black class Intruder Scout
- Vanguard class Attack Scout
- Wiesbaden class Military Scout
- Wrathful class War Scout
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|