Talon class Scout
|Talon class Scout|
|Type: SL Scout Vessel|
|Also see||Scout Vessel|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
Qty: MCr 80.909
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Talon class Scout is a reconnaissance starship.
It is a vessel with 1-G and J-1 performance with a streamlined TBD hull. They are capable of 3 G's acceleration, but have no agility. It carries enough fuel for 2 jumps. It is equipped with a model/4 fib ship computer and have a streamlined hull. They are fitted with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification.
- It carries light armament and a defensive suite. They are unwieldy as a result of the pulse laser and [ship computer]] using all the available power. It can also fire missiles. It is equipped with ECM counter measures, decoys, and a sand caster.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft, ship's vehicles, and drones when needed. It is equipped to transport a squad of eight marines for boarding actions. Two squadrons of ten of these utility craft are carried aboard the Cluster class Fleet Carriers.
- It has a # sophont crew and # marines. The crew consists of a pilot and a gunner.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||TBD|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Designed and built for the CNS of the Tellerian Cluster, this is a class of fleet utility vehicle.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type SL class Light Scout
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science