Stayaow class Combat Scout
|Stayaow class Combat Scout|
|Type: SG Combat Scout|
|Also see||Scout Vessel|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon starship design.|
|Crew||7: 4 officers, 3 ratings|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Hull||Flattened Sphere Hull|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
- It is a paramilitary ship and a Combat Scout.
- It fulfills the role and functions of a wartime reconnaissance craft.
- It carries light armament and a defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft, ship's vehicles, and drones when needed.
- It has a # sophont crew and # marines.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage||200 tons (standard). 2,800 cubic meters.|
|2.||Crew||4 officers, 3 enlisted personnel.|
|3.||Performance||Jump-2, 5-G. Power Plant-7. 14 EP. Agility-5.|
|6.||Armament||1 triple missile turret, 1 triple laser turret each firing independently.|
|7.||Defenses||Armored hull (factor-4).|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel scoops and onboard purification plant installed.|
|10.||Cost||MCr 177.08 standard. MCr 142.464 in quantity.|
|11.||Construction Time||4 months singly, 3 months in quantity.|
The Stayaow class Combat Scout is a military vessel first and last. It is thus more effective in this role but less versatile overall than the smaller Imperial Type S Scout. The Combat Scout is found in many parts of Hierate space, but the particular model shown is only one example of many designs, which vary according to the shipyard, owner, or manufacturer. This model, the Stayaow (often translated as "Intrepid Scout" or "Valiant Pioneer") was manufactured by the shipbuilding firm Larleaftea Hryawaowya and is in the service of the Aslan mercenary unit known as Teahleikhoi.
The ship presents little in the way of unusual features. The captain of the ship, a male of high social standing, has a single cabin; the other three cabins are doubles. Normally, the female Executive Officer (responsible for administrative handling of the ship) and the female Chief Engineer share the adjacent cabin. Other crew may be male or female. One unusual compartment on board is the Shrine of Heroes, a small chamber where computer consoles allow a complete holographic record of past battles, heroes, or other inspirational events to be called up. The room is used for meditation and contemplation of the heroic traditions of the Aslan race.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type SG class Gunned Scout
- Chatl class Leader Scout
- Hunter class Armored Scout
- KE2 Zerp class Battle Scout
- Militia class Military Scout
- Ninz class Scout
- Prata class Attack Scout
- Protective class Scout
- Skela class Attack Scout
- Stayaow class Combat Scout
- Switch Black class Intruder Scout
- Vanguard class Attack Scout
- Wiesbaden class Military Scout
- Wrathful class War Scout
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Rob Caswell, William H. Keith, J. Andrew Keith, Jordan Weisman. Adventure Class Ships Volume 2 (FASA, 1982), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Peter Gray
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science