Oromet class System Defense Boat
|Oromet class |
System Defense Boat
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: HSL System Defense Boat|
|Hull Configuration||Needle Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Origin||Protectorate of Leset|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Cost||MCr6,569.75 (base) |
|Quick Ship Profile||HSL-05S60|
|Also see||System Defense Boat|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a paramilitary ship and a System Defense Boat.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
It is a vessel with 6-G and J-0 performance with a streamlined needle hull. The TL–11 streamlined needle/wedge hulls have the best armor available at this technology level. They are capable of 6-G acceleration and have a 3-Agility rating. They are equipped with fuel scoops for wilderness ocean refueling but have no fuel refineries. They have a model/5 fib ship computer mounted adjacent to the bridge.
- It carries heavy armament and a powerful, militarydefensive suite. The weapons include ten triple beam laser turrets, ten dual fusion gun turrets, a particle accelerator bay, and two missile bays for offense.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft, no ship's vehicles, and drones only when needed.
- It has a 48 sophont crew and 302 marines. They are optimized to carry as many marines as possible in a hull this size. They carry a small battalion of 302 marines. Each squadron of fifty SDBs carries a full marine division of 15,100 marines. Support, logistics ships are required for material support. The SDBs can land the troops directly on planetary surfaces for direct action, and provide close support.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage||5,000 tons (standard), 70,000 cubic meters.|
|2.||Crew||48 crew: x11 command, x18 engineering, x9 gunnery& x10 services
|4.||Electronics||Model/5 fib ship computer.|
|5.||Hardpoints||Three 100 ton bays and twenty turrets hardpoints.|
|6.||Armament||2 missile bays, 1 particle accelerator bay, 10 triple beam laser turrets and 10 dual fusion gun turrets.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops .|
|10.||Cost||MCr6,569.75 standard. MCr 5,255.8 in quantity.|
|11.||Construction Time||144 weeks (36 months) standard. 115 weeks (29 months) in quantity.|
Designed and built at Oromet for the Protectorate of Leset. These ships operate within the Far Home Sector. There are in service with the Protectorate Naval Forces. They are deployed throughout Protectorate systems for defense. They can be carried one at a time to other systems by Leset class Fleet Tenders. These ships are more expensive than their transports. Groups of fifty SDBs are deployed in all loyal systems for defense. 5,000 in service.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type HSL class Light System Defense Boat
- Arden class System Defense Boat
- Chiang class System Defense Boat
- Hive Protector class System Defense Boat
- Oromet class System Defense Boat
- Purvaine class System Defense Boat
- Rim Republic class System Defense Boat
- Tristar class System Defense Boat
- Val Marin class System Defense Boat
- Yunus class System Defense Boat
- Zydeterranal class System Defense Boat
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|