Caryatid class System Defense Boat
|Caryatid class System Defense Boat|
A Caryatid class System Defense Boat cruising near the center of a star system, a homegrown subsector navy SDB.
|Type: HSVL System Defense Boat|
|Hull Configuration||Cylinder Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
MCr484.017 in Qty.
|Also see||Defensive Ship|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Jim Kundert|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a military ship and a System Defense Boat.
- It is a TL–14 warship.
- It functions as part of the Inar SysDefCom.
It is a vessel with 5-G and J-0 performance with a unstreamlined cylinder hull. Slightly larger than the TL–15 Dragon SDB, the Caryatid is a unstreamlined tail-sitter tall cylinder, with its decks arranged perpendicular to the direction of thrust. This allows the SDB to turn off its internal gravitics while maintaining station in a gas giant or on a world, thus reducing its densitometer profile.
- It carries heavy armament and a defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries a launch and no drones. Unlike the Dragon, this design includes a 20-ton launch and 3 ship's troops, allowing it to perform customs inspections.
- It has a 6 sophont crew and 3 marines.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||TBD|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
The Duchy of Inar based out of Inar (world) has a vibrant TL-14 or TL-E ship building industry, known for innovative designs and clever Naval Architecture. They are best known for their unstreamlined cylinder hull tail-sitter ship designs and sphere hulled smallcraft specialized for star system defense. They also build some of the finest fusion guns and ECM systems in Imperial Space.
The Carytid-class was not designed and built on Inar, but it uses engineering that later become known as Inari.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Naming Practice: The Caryatid series are typically named after sculpture and famous statuary. Crews do tend to get attached to them and give them a personal name. Some crews get superstitious and paint on nose art or perform interesting ceremonies on the craft including an old Terran custom with a bottled alcohol known as Champagne.
Vessel Peculiarity: The vessels are known for underperforming air filtration systems to which a home-grown fix of growing aromatic herbs or using air fresheners has arisen. Some vessels practical have a homegrown hydroponics lab near their central air filtration systems to prevent crewsophont stink from accumulating too heavily. Vargr crew are often the but of crew stink jokes with their more overt bodily odors, especially when wet.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type HSVL class Very Light System Defense Boat
- Avoram class System Defense Boat
- Caryatid class System Defense Boat
- Condor class System Defense Boat
- Dragon class System Defense Boat
- Drakkon class System Defense Boat
- Dzegkno class System Defense Boat
- Eclipse Serpens class Light System Defense Boat
- Exarch class System Defense Boat
- Farnex class System Missile Defense Boat
- Fazachu class System Defense Boat
- Flash class System Defense Boat
- Frundsberg class System Defense Boat
- Grunt class System Defense Boat
- Gundong class System Defense Boat
- Harrier class System Defense Boat
- Holdfast class Heavy System Defense Boat
- Jugendworld class System Defense Boat
- K1074 class Heavy System Defense Boat
- K282 class Heavy System Defense Boat
- K56 class System Defense Boat
- Khanate class System Defense Boat
- Kuomsi class System Defense Boat
- Nassin class System Defense Boat
- Penner class System Defense Boat
- Pounce class System Defense Boat
- Ramrod class Missile Boat
- Reginald class System Defense Boat
- Ronix class Asteroid Patrol Boat
- Roye class System Defense Boat
- Scorpion class System Defense Boat
- Sentry class System Defense Boat
- Shukugan class System Defense Boat
- Stedlas class System Defense Boat
- Thele class System Defense Boat
- Torch class System Defense Boat
- Wasp class System Defense Boat
- Wolvesbane class System Defense Boat
- Wyvern class System Defense Boat
- Wyrm class System Defense Boat
- Zhodatl class System Defense Boat
- Zhodq class System Defense Boat
- Zydpedallion class System Defense Boat
- Zydpharn class System Defense Boat
|This article has metadata.|
|The featured ship was originally designed using MegaTraveller ship design rules.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|