Lintula class Survey Vessel
|Lintula class Survey Vessel|
|Type: LU Survey Vessel|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon smallcraft design.|
|Cost||MCr155.554 in quantity 124.443|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 8, 2 low watches Low|
|Reference||Long Way Home 63-64.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Lintula class Survey Vessel is an armed exploratory starship.
IISS extended-duration Survey Vessel (ESDV). Lintula-class is one of several adaptations of the "Fighting Scout" — a design originally produced in response to a demand for a robust starship capable of undertaking long reconnaissance missions in potentially hostile territory. The design uses well-tested, reliable systems and carries sufficient fuel for 5 jumps, which gives it a useful safety margin when entering unexplored systems.
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib computer.|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Because of it bulkier nature, pilots of smaller scout ships sometimes use the nickname "Fat Boy" to refer to an EDSV.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type LU class Survey Ship
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- David Burden, Andy Lilly. The Long Way Home (BITS, 1996), TBD.
- David Burden, Andy Lilly. Long Way Home (Imperium Games, 1997), 63-64.
- Andy Lilly, Dom Mooney. Delta 3 is Down (BITS, 2001), 55-56.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science