Donosev class Survey Scout
|Donosev class Survey Scout|
A view of the nose of the Donosev class Survey Scout displaying its extendable sensor drogues.
|Type: LU Survey Scout|
|Hull Configuration||Cylinder Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Architect||Timothy B. Brown|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Also see||Survey Vessel|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||The Travellers' Digest 15 TBD.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
- It is a paramilitary ship and is often known simply as a Survey Scout.
- It uses a 400-ton hull and is used to continually resurvey the interior regions of the Imperium, updating maps and charts and maintaining beacons and markers for navigation hazards.
- It is an exploratory starship.
The Donosev is common survey vessel in use with the Imperial Interstellar Scout Service. This vessel’s primary Missions are the continual resurvey of interior regions of Imperial space, continually updating charts, maintaining navigation beacons and replacing or placing hazard markers. These vessels are also able to conduct planet surveys as well, relying on the cutter and air-raft to carry survey crew to a planets service. Two modules are carried, one for refuelling and the other for planetary survey missions. Usually these vessel are unarmed, though tonnage has been set aside for weapons. 
- Normal crew consists of 1 Captain, 2 pilots, 1 Navigator, 2 Engineers and 8 Survey Crew.
- A Donosev class Survey Scout heading past a sun getting ready to perform a month-long system survey.
General Description & Deck Plans
The survey scout is a typical ship in service with the Imperial Interstellar Scout Service.
- The ship has four standby hardpoints; no weapons are normally mounted. As is the case with most modern Scout vessels, the Donosev is not equipped for use in hostile areas. There are four ship's vehicles: one modular cutter with two modules (typically, a survey module and a fuel skimmer module) and three air/rafts. 
- The Survey Scout is a peaceful vessel, typically unarmed and inoffensive. It does, however, mount four hardpoints and can be armed with a variety of turrets and weaponry if necessary.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||400 tons standard. 5,600 cubic meters. |
|2.||Crew||x10 crew. |
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Electronics||x1 Model/5 computer. Extensive data banks. |
|5.||Hardpoints||x4 hardpoints. Standby only. |
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||On-board Purification plant. Fuel acquisition is by cutter module. |
|10.||Cost||MCr263.8221 standard. MCr211.05768 in quantity. |
|11.||Construction Time||16 months singly; 11 months in quantity. |
|12.||Remarks||Many specialized versions of the platform exist. |
Comments: The survey scout is a typical ship in service with the Imperial Interstellar Scout Service. Its function is to continually re-survey the interior regions of the Imperium, updating maps and charts, and maintaining beacons and markers for astrogation hazards. 
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Class Names: The Donosev class survey scout is named for famous scouts in the Imperial service. 
Villemina Donosev held the post of Master Chief Surveyor of the Imperial Grand Survey with the First Survey was published in 420. Her unstinting devotion was instrumental in bringing the hundred-year project to a successful close. When a new class of ship was commissioned for the Second Survey, it was decided to name the class for her. Individual ships are named for famous scouts in the Imperial service.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type LU class Survey Ship
- Baso Rita class Small Survey Ship
- Donosev class Survey Scout
- Elson class Explorer Vessel
- Explorer class Survey Cruiser
- Lintula class Survey Vessel
- Louis & Clark class Scout Surveyor
- Nostrii class Science Scout
- Pytheas class Exploratory Cruiser
- Talon class Survey Cruiser
- Type C class Survey Cruiser
- Type EDSV class Extended Duration Survey Vessel
- Type HX class Explorer
- Ulysses class Long-Range Scout
- VCS 889 class Survey Ship
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|