Lydia class Medium Cruiser
|Lydia class Medium Cruiser|
|Type: CM Light Cruiser|
|Also see||Light Cruiser|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCrMCr. 36,156.289 |
MCr. 28,925.031 in quantity
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Origin||The Last Line|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 4 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Lydia class Medium Cruiser is a warship.
The Lydia class Light Cruiser is a lightly armored, streamlined needle/wedge configuration hull equipped for ocean refueling as needed. This light cruiser class is equipped for Jump-2 range and 6 G acceleration and 4-Agility. They can be fitted with drop tanks for 28 days of extra power plant fuel, and an additional Jump-2 drop tanks, as well. It carried enough fuel internally for a single Jump-2 with a Jump-1 reserve. They are considered extended range warships. They carry a pair of model/5 fib ship computer adjacent to the bridge.
For defense, there are ten batteries of triple sand caster batteries, and two repulsor bays. There is factor 4 hull armor cladding to defend against criticals. It is equipped with fuel scoops and fuel purification for ocean wilderness refueling. It can carry a pair of 30 ton ship's boats for ship to surface operations. For offense, there are ten batteries of triple beam laser turrets, six missile bays and two particle accelerator bays. Two fighter squadrons provide combat space patrols, to screen versus enemy fighters and missile strikes. The small marine platoon can deploy from meteoric orbital assault and is recovered by the ship's boats.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||36,000 tons.|
|3.||Performance||Jump-2, 6G acceleration, power plant-6, 2,160 EPs, Agility-4.|
|4.||Electronics||(x2) Model/5 fib.|
|6.||Armament||100 triple beam laser turrets, 60 dual plasma gun turrets, 2 particle accelerator bays, 6 missile bays.|
|7.||Defenses||Factor-4 Armor, 100 triple sand caster turrets, two repulsor bays.|
|8.||Craft||x20 Fighters, x2 Ship's Boats.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification.|
|10.||Cost|| MCr36,156.289. |
Cost in Quantity: MCr28,925.031
|11.||Construction Time||Architects Fee: MCr361.563, 184 weeks in quantity 148 weeks.|
The 504,000 cubic meter hull requires 44 months singly and 35 months in quantity for construction time. These hulls were involved in a recent expansion of fleet operations, and a great boon in new ship building and a rapid expansion of the fleet. This is a dramatic increase in capacity to cope with the war efforts versus the dreaded Unity of Sed. The significant draw-back was the inability to fit spinal mounted weaponry in the hull. The admiralty's insistence on 6G acceleration precluded they heavy spinal mounted weapon systems.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CM class Medium Cruiser
- Addaran class Cruiser
- Aek Naz class Battlecruiser
- Alderbaran class Heavy Cruiser
- Antrim class Heavy Frigate
- Arliliushruu class Medium Cruiser
- Assassin class Light Cruiser
- Aurlikro class Light Cruiser
- Berserker class Light Cruiser
- Bullard Dempsey class Cruiser
- Dlevrrk class Light Cruiser
- Drag class Screening Cruiser
- Eso Ilian class Cruiser
- Eviscerator class Remote Offensive Unit
- Fearless class Medium Cruiser
- Forfar class Heavy Frigate
- Gallant class Light Cruiser
- Gionetti class Light Cruiser
- Hamidiye class Light Cruiser
- Harbinger class Medium Cruiser
- Heng-O class Small Cruiser
- Irloom class Light Cruiser
- Lord Adrian class Light Cruiser
- Lydia class Medium Cruiser
- MaKwaWo class Heavy Cruiser
- Moot Point class Light Cruiser
- Nara class Light Cruiser
- Nidashiajobr class Light Cruiser
- Rull class Light Cruiser
- Samuelson class Medium Cruiser
- SEH class Light Cruiser
- Starburst class Light Cruiser
- Sting class Medium Cruiser
- Sunderland class Heavy Frigate
- Tal Varisa class Light Cruiser
- Thin Red Line class Light Cruiser
- Tyrian Lordship class Light Cruiser
- Victory Complete class Cruiser
- Yesto class Light Cruiser
- Yiesieltsie class Light Cruiser
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science