|No. of Stars||14|
|Majority Control||Non-aligned Human-dominated (NaHu) - 64%|
|2nd Control||Firstworlds (FiWo) - 29%|
|3rd Control||Non-aligned unclaimed (NaXX) - 7%|
- 1 Description / Specifications
- 2 Physical Astrography
- 3 Political Astrography
- 4 History & Background
- 5 References & Contributors / Sources
Description / Specifications
Natar Subsector lies within Far Home Sector and is named for the Natar system and its red bright giant primary star. The spinward and rimward regions of the Subsector are dominated by rift regions and contain mysterious "jump shoals", while its coreward and trailing regions are dotted with scattered systems. The Scybrian Run Star Lane, carrying huge amounts of interstellar trade, crosses the coreward edge of the Subsector. The Firstworlds occupies its coreward-trailing edge. Thele, a long-settled world with a rich heritage and history, is the de facto capital.
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 145 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star, lying approximately 8 parsecs to trailing at its closest point, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
Population: 112.693 million Sophonts.
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Other Non-Human Races:
- Hoppers: an estimated 10.780 million "Distant" Hoppers (9.57% of the population) typically within human settlements. Most have never visited Fedan, their ancestral homeworld, and many have developed unique customs and habits.
- Esaran: approximately 350,000 (0.33% of the population). A sophont species of Halcyon Sector, mostly found along the Wolfs Tail Star Lane.
- Meroquan: approximately 8,000. A sophont species of Halcyon Sector, found throughout human-controlled space.
- Temelik: approximately 15,000, found throughout human-controlled space.
The following languages are the most commonly spoken within Natar Subsector:
- Anglish The language of the Firstworlds. A direct descendant of Fleet Anglic, widely spoken throughout the Distant Fringe. Most people know a few words and phrases of Anglish.
- Teramil. A language of Halcyon Sector: it is the language of the High Senate and the Nist Cluster. It is most commonly heard within the Rissa Gateway and along the Scybrian Run Star Lane.
No information yet available.
Thele is the default subsector capital.
Natar, subsector E of Far Home has 14 worlds, of which 12 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the subsector is 110 million sophonts (not necessarily humans). There are no High population (Hi) worlds, no Moderate population (Ph) worlds, eight Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, three Low population (Lo) worlds, and one Barren (Ba) world. There are six Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus one Pre-Agricultural (Pa) world, and no Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds. There are three Rich (Ri) worlds versus no Industrial (In) worlds. There are two Asteroid (As) belts, one Desert (De) world, four Garden (Ga) worlds, one Ice-capped (Ic) world, one Poor (Po) world, three Vacuum (Va) worlds, and one Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) world. There are no Naval bases in the subsector, no Scout bases, and no Way stations. The highest population world is Thele (Far Home 0611). The highest tech level is A at Natar (Far Home 0515). The average technology level is 5 (with most between 2 and 7).
The Non-Aligned Human-dominated worlds in Natar encompasses nine worlds with a population of 27 million. The highest population world is Erenim (Far Home 0412). The highest tech level is A at Natar (Far Home 0515). The average technology level is 6 (with most between 3 and 8).
The Firstworlds in Natar has jurisdiction over four worlds with a population of 83 million. The highest population world is Thele (Far Home 0611). The highest tech level is 9 at Thele (Far Home 0611). The average technology level is 6 (with most between 4 and 7).
There is one unclaimed or unexplored system in Natar.
History & Background
Natar Subsector was settled by humans of the Last Armada almost three and a half millennia ago, but development was abruptly ended with the onset of the Dark Age, nearly two thousand years ago. Following the Renaissance period survivor worlds were recontacted, scavengers picked over the remains, and hardy pioneers looked to the empty systems and the opportunities they presented. Almost all expansion and growth within the region is relatively modern, beginning during the so-called Golden Age and continuing with the nebulous Development Organizations and the rise of polities.
- A strong social divide exists between wealthy and aristocratic Fives, descended from the original settlers and crew of the Last Armada, and Gens, individuals whose ancestors were grown in GenPods and raised by Hoppers.
- Erenim and Thele are two of the original Seven Colonies and have been inhabited by humans for millennia.
Major Historical Events Timeline
Some of the more important historical events that have affected this area include:
- 2255AD: The Last Armada arrives in the Demon Cluster. The Seven Colonies are established. Year One.
- 2500AD: The monolithic and anti-expansionist Second Confederation is founded, incorporating many of the Subsector's spinward and trailing systems. Natar Subsector sees extensive settlement and development.
- 3359AD: 1st Civil War begins. The spinward half of the Subsector is neutral, while its trailing worlds are strongly Traditionalist.
- 3398AD: 8th Civil War begins.
- 3400AD: The Vilani Scare. Fall of the Second Confederation. End of the Civil Wars. The Dissolution period.
- 3440AD: Third Confederation established.
- 3730AD: Voyagers arrive and devastate the Subsector. The Dark Age begins.
- 4549AD: The Voyagers depart and the Dark Age ends. The Renaissance sees the first steps back into space.
- 4830AD: Tal Varisan Development begins sporadic commercial exploration of the Subsector.
- ca 4900AD: Golden Age. Space travel becomes relatively commonplace.
- ca 5116AD: Tal Varisan Development merges with the worlds of the Risa Cluster to form the Firstworlds.
- 5344AD: Scybrian Wars begin: there are periods of heavy fighting within the Subsector.
- 5489AD: Scybrian Wars come to an end.
- 5600AD: Data for Natar Subsector is published in the DSP Listing.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science