Irloom class Light Cruiser
|Irloom class Light Cruiser|
|Type: CM Light Cruiser|
|Hull Configuration||[[TBD Hull]]|
|Crew||264 with 25 Marines|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Origin||Pador Military Forces|
|Cost||MCr25,726.467 in quantity: 20,581.173|
|Architect fee||MCrRonald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Also see||Light Cruiser|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The fully streamlined needle/wedge structure hull is fitted with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification for wilderness ocean refueling. It has Jump-2 range and 4G acceleration, and have a 3-Agility rating to compensate for the lack of hull armor. It carries enough internal fuel for a Jump-2 with a Jump-1 reserve. They can carry a Jump-2 drop tank as well for long range strikes into Sath Alliance territory when needed. It carries a Model/6 fib computer, a back up computer and extra screen generators in the event of battle damage.
They are armed with an excellent particle accelerator spinal mount for ship killing, a repulsor bay, eighty triple sand caster turrets, ten triple beam laser turrets, and ten dual fusion gun turrets. There are also ten heavy missile bays for orbital bombardment.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib computer.|
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
It is tanker dependent for longer range fleet maneuvers. They can deliver an offensive punch on par with the heavy cruiser, which is capable of crippling enemy capital ships and disabling major enemy fleet elements. However, they lack the defensive suite to survive a lengthy slug fest. They must shoot and scoot, to stay alive, to fight another day. They are also charged with leading flotillas of destroyers on raids against lighter targets. They can carry some cargo to allow longer patrols without resupply.
25 in service. In keeping with the Pador Military Forces fleet's internal security mission, this class was designed with a defensive mindset. Designed and built by Pador after 179 weeks for the prototype and 143 weeks for the production models at huge expense. They are half the size of their big brothers the Gridlow class Heavy Cruisers. Built to support the ships of the line for combat duty in the Far Home Sector, capable of conducting patrol cruises in the Distant Fringe.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CM class Medium Cruiser
- Addaran class Cruiser
- Aek Naz class Battlecruiser
- Alderbaran class Heavy Cruiser
- Antrim class Heavy Frigate
- Arliliushruu class Medium Cruiser
- Assassin class Light Cruiser
- Aurlikro class Light Cruiser
- Berserker class Light Cruiser
- Bullard Dempsey class Cruiser
- Dlevrrk class Light Cruiser
- Drag class Screening Cruiser
- Eso Ilian class Cruiser
- Eviscerator class Remote Offensive Unit
- Fearless class Medium Cruiser
- Forfar class Heavy Frigate
- Gallant class Light Cruiser
- Gionetti class Light Cruiser
- Hamidiye class Light Cruiser
- Harbinger class Medium Cruiser
- Heng-O class Small Cruiser
- Irloom class Light Cruiser
- Lord Adrian class Light Cruiser
- Lydia class Medium Cruiser
- MaKwaWo class Heavy Cruiser
- Moot Point class Light Cruiser
- Nara class Light Cruiser
- Nidashiajobr class Light Cruiser
- Rull class Light Cruiser
- Samuelson class Medium Cruiser
- SEH class Light Cruiser
- Starburst class Light Cruiser
- Sting class Medium Cruiser
- Sunderland class Heavy Frigate
- Tal Varisa class Light Cruiser
- Thin Red Line class Light Cruiser
- Tyrian Lordship class Light Cruiser
- Victory Complete class Cruiser
- Yesto class Light Cruiser
- Yiesieltsie class Light Cruiser
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|