Bullard Dempsey class Cruiser
|Bullard Dempsey class Cruiser|
Unpublished, non-canon fan design.
|Type: CM Cruiser|
|Hull Configuration||[[Cylindrical Hull]]|
|Streamlining||Partially Streamlined Hull|
|Computer||No information yet available.|
(including 42 marines)
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Origin||Protectorate of Leset|
|Year Operational||No information yet available.|
|Architect fee||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Quick Ship Profile||No information yet available.|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a military ship and an Heavy Cruiser.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
Built for the Protectorate of Leset this partially streamlined cylindrical structure hull is capable of gas giant refueling with fuel scoops. It features a TL–12 drives with 6-G acceleration and 2-Agility.
The hull is lightly armored to resist low intensity weapons fire. The weapons include a massive meson spinal mount and fourteen heavy missile bays to destroy enemy ships of the line. Offense is favored over defense.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|2.||Crew||x449 crew. This includes 21 command (with medical), 160 engineering, 139 gunnery, 3 flight, 84 service, and 42 marines.
|3.||Performance||Jump-2, 6-G acceleration, Power-6 2,520-EP, Agility-2.|
|4.||Electronics||(x2) Model 6 fib computers.|
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for
|7.||Defenses||x60 triple sand caster turrets, repulsor bay, factor 2 armor, (2) factor 1 meson screens, (2) factor 1 nuclear dampers.|
|8.||Craft||x1 50 ton Landing Craft|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification|
|11.||Construction Time||162 weeks to build, 129 weeks in quantity.|
|12.||Comments||Standard cargo capacity amounts to 300.0 tons.|
History & Background (Dossier)
Some feel the ship was never truly finished. A single prototype was delivered and the accountants were not pleased with the price tag. Five production hulls were ordered with guarantees to bring the unit price down and speed delivery. The shipyards assigned additional work shifts and delivered on time and budget. These are new ships added in light of recent escalating military tension in the region. The expanded arms race has seen a dramatic jump in fleet tonnage. These ships have a massive cargo bay for modular customization for mission specific requirements. Some carry a small fighter compliment, other garrison more marines and drop capsules. Some use more fuel bladders to support smaller combatants. The largest possible offensive weapons package was shoe horned into the smallest hull that would hold them. Classified locally as a heavy cruiser in deference to the ship killing capacity, it is weakly defended and can not resist protracted bombardment. System back ups were included to resist battle damage.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CM class Medium Cruiser
- Addaran class Cruiser
- Aek Naz class Battlecruiser
- Alderbaran class Heavy Cruiser
- Antrim class Heavy Frigate
- Arliliushruu class Medium Cruiser
- Assassin class Light Cruiser
- Aurlikro class Light Cruiser
- Berserker class Light Cruiser
- Bullard Dempsey class Cruiser
- Dlevrrk class Light Cruiser
- Drag class Screening Cruiser
- Eso Ilian class Cruiser
- Eviscerator class Remote Offensive Unit
- Fearless class Medium Cruiser
- Forfar class Heavy Frigate
- Gallant class Light Cruiser
- Gionetti class Light Cruiser
- Hamidiye class Light Cruiser
- Harbinger class Medium Cruiser
- Heng-O class Small Cruiser
- Irloom class Light Cruiser
- Lord Adrian class Light Cruiser
- Lydia class Medium Cruiser
- MaKwaWo class Heavy Cruiser
- Moot Point class Light Cruiser
- Nara class Light Cruiser
- Nidashiajobr class Light Cruiser
- Rull class Light Cruiser
- Samuelson class Medium Cruiser
- SEH class Light Cruiser
- Starburst class Light Cruiser
- Sting class Medium Cruiser
- Sunderland class Heavy Frigate
- Tal Varisa class Light Cruiser
- Thin Red Line class Light Cruiser
- Tyrian Lordship class Light Cruiser
- Victory Complete class Cruiser
- Yesto class Light Cruiser
- Yiesieltsie class Light Cruiser
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|