Rapier class War Cruiser
|Rapier class War Cruiser|
Unpublished, non-canon fan design.
|Type: CS Light Cruiser|
|Hull Configuration||Cylinder Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
Qty: MCr 5,850.938
|Quick Ship Profile||CL-09S44|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It carries heavy armament and a defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries a number of subcraft and drones when needed. The undersized squadron Heavy Fighters provide cover and CAS. These fighters are often manned by marine pilots. The drop troop marines are provided no vehicles, and there are no bulky launch facilities for drop capsules. They prefer to have the streamlined ship come in close over a planet and jump from airlocks. They wear stealthy battledress with Grav Belts and some reentry shielding as needed depending on the presence and/or density of the atmosphere encountered. Parachutes and glider Parawing suits have been deployed on occasion. The troops are expert at forward observation and use the war cruiser's fusion guns for ortillery and to provide overwatch point defense. They designate for orbital missile strikes and use their own smaller PGMP-13 and Tac Missiles for minor threats and targets.
- It has a 269 sophont crew and 150 marines. They have a company of 150 elite marines, often Aslan that are culturally Darrian.
No image yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||TBD|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
The class is named after bladed weapons.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CS class Strike Cruiser
- Admiral Clarkson class Attack Cruiser
- Aenoegrr class Strike Cruiser
- Agidda class Attack Cruiser
- Dzen class Strike Cruiser
- Fitl class Strike Cruiser
- Flinder class War Cruiser
- Gauntlet class Strike Cruiser
- Hroilri'ea class Strike Cruiser
- Nibar class Strike Cruiser
- Rambler class Strike Cruiser
- Rapier class War Cruiser
- Sniper class Strike Cruiser
- Tash class War Cruiser
- Tempest class Attack Cruiser
- Titan class Strike Cruiser
- Vlezhdatl class Strike Cruiser
- Waco class Strike Cruiser
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|