Dienjzhiae class Fleet Intelligence Corvette
|Dienjzhiae class Fleet Intelligence Corvette|
|Type: SI Intelligence Corvette|
|Hull Configuration||TBD Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Also see||Scout Vessel|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Bleddyn Wilson|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Dienjzhiae Class Intelligence Corvette is the first unit in its class (unknown actually built). It is a 800 ton military design with a construction tech level of 14 and a cost of MCr669.76, including design fees. Construction time is 112 weeks. Subsequent ships of the class will cost MCr530.50 and take 90 weeks to complete.
- The 800 ton hull is of the Needle/Wedge configuration; it is streamlined and capable of atmospheric work (hull cost, including 20% surcharge for Needle/Wedge configuration: MCr96.0). The ship carries armor factor-2. Fuel scoops are present (MCr).
- A bridge (20.0 tons; MCr4.0) and a computer model 8 (11.0 tons; MCr110.0; 9 energy points).
- The ship is Jump-4 (85 tons; MCr160), Maneuver-4 (31 tons; MCr64), and Power plant-6 (67 tons; MCr176). The power plant provides 48 energy points.
- Fuel tankage provides 380 tons of fuel. 320 tons enables a 4 parsec jump range and a further 60 tons giving endurance 4 weeks (24 weeks powered down). There is a fuel purification plant (4.0 tons; MCr0.03).
- The ship is armed with four triple beam laser turrets, three triple missile turrets, and a bridge controlled fixed sand caster countermeasures (eqv triple sand caster turret)
- The ship carries no screens.
- The crew numbers 31 (Command: 1+1, Engineers: 1+5, Gunners: 0+8, Marines: 0+10, Specialists: 3+2, Medic: 0+1) including 10 marines. No passengers. All sophonts are accomodated in 14 staterooms and 17 half-staterooms (cabins) (90.0 tons; MCr11.2).
- Payloads carried includes; One Workshop, one Laboratory, one Jump capsule plus launcher, 24 Jump capsule, cargos, one Air/raft, berth, one Auditorium, (29.0 tons, MCr1.6).
- A cargo hold of 20.0 tons is provided.
- Ship's vehicles include; A 30 ton Ships Boat, occupying a 30 ton hanger.
- The ship has an agility of 3 and an emergency agility of 4.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||800 tons.|
|6.||Armament||The ship is armed with four triple beam laser turrets, three triple missile turrets, and a bridge controlled fixed sand caster countermeasures (eqv triple sand caster turret).|
|7.||Defenses||Armor Factor-2 and sandcaster counter measures.|
|8.||Craft||30 dton Ship’s boat.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||A 4 dton purification plant and fuel scoops.|
|11.||Construction Time||112 months.|
- It is a military ship.
The Dienjzhiae class intelligence corvette is a highly sought after prize by Imperial navy intelligence circles. Having recently appeared in and near borders shared with the Imperium. It was only just identified in 1115 as an intelligence collection vessel, following the pursuit of one in the Villis system that ended with the corvette scuttling itself in a nuclear explosion to prevent capture. It is tasked with the collection of signals, imagery and systems reconnaissance missions. Some circles suggest due to the electronic and visual stealth technology that the vessels are involved in special operations as well. Sharing the same hull has the Berka, Bra’La and Banya class fleet corvettes allow it some ability to disguise itself as commonplace with in and around Zhodani space. The Dienjzhiae class is built by Idar Nobsl ship yards under very tight security in order to prevent the disclosure of the intelligence collection systems on board. Due to the nature of sensitive operations conducted by these vessels’ the crews are hand picked for security and professionalism. It is known that full Commanders are appointed to command these vessels instead of the usual Lieutenant Commanders.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type SI class Surveillance Scout
- Alahir class Heavy Scout
- Bay class Surveillance Vessel
- Dienjzhiae class Fleet Intelligence Corvette
- Exocet class Intelligence Cruiser
- Fairmile Model G class Scout
- Keyhole class Observatory Ship
- Lauritson class Picket Ship
- Legion class Picket Boat
- Prince Asan class Scout Leader
- Tripwire class Early Warning Scout
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|