Soho class Light Freighter
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Soho class Light Freighter|
|Type: AF Far Trader|
|Hull Configuration||Wedge Hull|
|Offensive||1 3x Beam Laser & Sandcaster, 1 1x Laser Barbette|
|Fuel tank||69 Tons|
|Carried craft||1 air/raft|
|Canon||Published, non-canon design|
|Designer||Harold D. Hale|
|Reference||Traveller Chronicle 13 53-54.|
The Soho class Light Freighter is a civilian mercantile starship.
The Soho-class is a variant of a design that dates back to the Long Night. Well armed by merchant ship standards, it's barbette and turret can be controlled from the master fire director on the bridge.
Meant as a cargo hauler capable of light escort duty, not a people mover, the Soho lacks the large number of passenger staterooms found on the typical far trader. The crew can double up in the existing staterooms, increasing the possible number of passengers to ten.
History & Background
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Most of the ships in this class by using a name of a precious gem or mineral and attaching the name Soho. The first five Sohos were called Ruby Soho, Diamond Soho, Jade Soho, Emerald Soho, and Sapphire Soho.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
53 Representative Far Trader (AF) Classes
§ == ( Please refer to the following AAB Library Data for more information: ) == §
- Akkigish class Far Trader
- Alexandria class Free Trader
- Anjou class Freighter
- Aoa'iw class Light Trader
- April Hare class Far Trader
- Athelstan class Merchant
- Avian class Far Trader
- Basil class Merchant
- Beowulf class Free Trader
- Bremen class Caravel
- Burning Sky class Merchant Schooner
- Caroline class Heavy Pinnace
- Ciigusna class Pinnace
- ColonyCord class Fast Trader
- Consul class Provincial Trader
- Coriander class Free Trader
- Salamander class Far Trader
- Soho class Light Freighter
- Stage class Far Trader
- Star class Armored Merchant
- Sundowner class Free Trader
- Tachyon class Light Trader
- Tequila class Free Trader
- Treader class Free Trader
- Trojan Reaches Type A3 class Trader
- Type Aj class Free Trader
- Type HR class Trader
|This article has metadata.|
|This ship was originally designed using Traveller The New Era ship design rules.|
|This ship was designed using Mongoose 2nd ship design rules.
This list of sources was used by the Traveller Wiki Editorial Team and individual contributors to compose this article. Copyrighted material is used under license from Far Future Enterprises or by permission of the author. The page history lists all of the contributions.
- Kevin Knight. Traveller Chronicle 13 (Sword of the Knight Publications, 1997), 53-54.
- Matthew Sprange. Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society volume 1 (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 76-79.