Lanthium Petal class Speculative Trader
|Lanthium Petal class Speculative Trader|
|Type: AF Free Trader|
|Hull Configuration||Close Structure Hull|
|Fuel tank||261 Tons|
|Carried craft||B1 L1 V1|
|Quick Ship Profile||AF-HS23|
|Also see||Exploratory Trader|
|Canon||Published, canon design|
|Reference||Starships and Spacecraft 19.|
The Lanthium Petal class Speculative Trader is a Trader used for exploratory missions beyond the borders of civilization.
Using an 800-ton streamlined hull, the Lanthium Petal class Speculative Trader is intended for frontier speculative trade, with a strong emphasis on safety rather than profit-making. It is equipped with the LSP L/3 Starpoint jump drive, the Dupree 220m maneuver drive, and a Lesler-Khalan #155e power plant, giving performance of Jump-3 and 2G acceleration. Fuel tankage supports the power plant and one jump-3; fuel scoops and purification plants allow wilderness refueling. It has four triple turret beam lasers and two double turret sandcasters. A mining laser turret gives the ship flexibility to perform some prospecting. There are 250 tons of cargo.
The ship carries three craft: a fast boat and lifeboat in a hangar, and an air/raft stored in cargo.
The ship requires 8 crew: Pilot, Astrogator, 4 Engineers, Sensop, and Medic. A Steward and up to 4 Gunners may be added. Four luxury staterooms are set aside for high passengers, or more likely, senior merchants, negotiators and salespeople. A laboratory is supplied for immediate analysis of local products.
A variant is the Aslan “Spice Trader”: a long-range cargo hauler that travels from the Hierate states to distant source markets, such as the Aramis Trace in the Spinward Marches. The Spice Trader has a downgraded maneuver drive and power plant, and lacks the pinnace and extra appointments, to bring cargo space up to 400 tons.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
History & Background
No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice
These ships are often named for flowering plants, though there are exceptions. Known ship names:
- Lanthium Petal
- Iridium Rose
- Wilderness Traveller
Selected Variant Types & Classes
54 Representative Speculative Trader (AF) Classes
- Akkigish class Far Trader
- Alexandria class Free Trader
- Anjou class Freighter
- Aoa'iw class Light Trader
- April Hare class Far Trader
- Athelstan class Merchant
- Avian class Far Trader
- Basil class Merchant
- Beowulf class Free Trader
- Bremen class Caravel
- Burning Sky class Merchant Schooner
- Caroline class Heavy Pinnace
- Ciigusna class Pinnace
- ColonyCord class Fast Trader
- Consul class Provincial Trader
- Coriander class Free Trader
- Salamander class Far Trader
- Sleeper class Fast Trader
- Soho class Light Freighter
- Stage class Far Trader
- Star class Armored Merchant
- Sundowner class Free Trader
- Tachyon class Light Trader
- Tequila class Free Trader
- Treader class Free Trader
- Trojan Reaches Type A3 class Trader
- Type Aj class Free Trader
- Type HR class Trader
|This article has metadata.|
|This ship was originally designed using Traveller 5th edition ship design rules.
- Marc Miller. Starships and Spacecraft (Far Future Enterprises, 2014), 19.