Maada class Fast Trader
|Maada class Fast Trader|
|Type: AF Fast Trader|
|Hull Configuration||Close Structure Hull|
|Fuel tank||26 Tons|
|Quick Ship Profile||AF-BS41|
|Also see||Tramp Vessel - Fast Trader|
|Canon||Published, canon design|
|Reference||Starships and Spacecraft 33.|
A Maada class Fast Trader is one of many standard 200-ton Free Trader designs known to Charted Space. It is a civilian Merchant ship.
Using a 200-ton, TL–11 hull, the Maada class Fast Trader is a well-equipped high-G ship, often employed beyond the Imperial border. It mounts jump drive-A, maneuver drive-D, and power plant-D, giving a performance of jump-1 and 4G acceleration. Fuel tankage supports a 1 parsec jump, at 18t per parsec, and one month of operations. Attached to the bridge is a Computer Model/1. There are 9 staterooms and 16 low berths. There are two single turrets; no weaponry is mounted. Cargo capacity is 70 tons. The ship has a streamlined hull, with fins for atmospheric control. It has scoops, intakes, and bins for frontier refueling.
The ship has 3 crew: pilot/astrogator, engineer, and steward. A medic and gunners may be added. It can carry 6 passengers and 16 low passengers.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
History & Background
The free trader is an elementary interstellar merchant ship plying the space lanes carrying cargo and passengers.  The Type A becomes a popular cornerstone of interstellar commerce by the end of the TL:7-9 technological epoch in Vilani society. It is continually upgraded by the Vilani Bureaux.
Most of these craft are named after heroes from various literature sources, particularly from Terran or Vilani literary heroes.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
54 Representative Free Trader (AF) Classes
- Akkigish class Far Trader
- Alexandria class Free Trader
- Anjou class Freighter
- Aoa'iw class Light Trader
- April Hare class Far Trader
- Athelstan class Merchant
- Avian class Far Trader
- Basil class Merchant
- Beowulf class Free Trader
- Bremen class Caravel
- Burning Sky class Merchant Schooner
- Caroline class Heavy Pinnace
- Ciigusna class Pinnace
- ColonyCord class Fast Trader
- Consul class Provincial Trader
- Coriander class Free Trader
- Salamander class Far Trader
- Sleeper class Fast Trader
- Soho class Light Freighter
- Stage class Far Trader
- Star class Armored Merchant
- Sundowner class Free Trader
- Tachyon class Light Trader
- Tequila class Free Trader
- Treader class Free Trader
- Trojan Reaches Type A3 class Trader
- Type Aj class Free Trader
- Type HR class Trader
|This article has metadata.|
|This ship was originally designed using Traveller 5th edition ship design rules.
- Loren Wiseman. Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 10 (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), 19.
- Marc Miller. Starships and Spacecraft (Far Future Enterprises, 2014), 33.
- ↑ Marc Miller. "Starship Design and Construction." T5 Core Rules (2013): 358.