Brilliant Gem class Cruise Liner
|Brilliant Gem class Cruise Liner|
A brilliant Gem with Three Sapphire Moon class module ships detaching after a jump.
|Type: TV Cruise Liner|
|Hull Configuration||Close Structure Hull|
|Streamlining||Partially Streamlined Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Quick Ship Profile||TV-TBD|
|Also see||Freighter / Cruise Liner|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Doom of the Singing Star 1-64.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
- It is a civilian ship, a coreship, a modular ship, and a Cruise Liner.
- It is also known as the Jewel class Coreship.
- It is also a ship tender that docks smaller sub-vessels.
- It carries heavy armament and a high quality defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries a number of subcraft, quite a few ship's vehicles, and several drones.
- It has a 216 sophont crew and no marines.
- It has docking cradles for three 13,363-ton subcraft, typically civilian riders.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||None|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
The Sapphire Moon class of modular ships are constructed to act as civilian luxury liners. However, given the nature of the Brilliant Gem class of ships the Sapphire Moons can attach to, they can also be used as troop transports. Although this is an action of last resort as there are other classes of Modular ships that can attach to a Brilliant Gem which are specifically designed for this task, such as the Provider class Military Transport. Still the Sapphire Moons are regularly carried by Brilliant Gem ships so that the crews can gain valuable experience in Ship Tender operations during peacetime. It should be noted that while the Sapphire Moons are capable of carrying over 7,000 tons of cargo, in practice they do not, leaving much of that space available for sports and entertainment activities to keep the passengers busy during Jump.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: The Coreships are all named after all named after jewels and as a class are called the Brilliant Gem Ships. The Module Ships are named by the member states to no set pattern though many names incorporate astronomical objects or phenomena or the name of the member state itself. 
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type TV class Ship Transporter
- Brilliant Gem class Cruise Liner
- Brown class Jump Ship
- Brutus class Ship Transporter
- Corporate class Range Carrier
- Endeavor class Ship Transporter
- High Liner class Bulk Freighter
- Mariner class Frame Carrier
- Marius class Ship Transporter
- Orowani Deep Space class Commercial Tender
- Sagacity class Bulk Freighter
- Type JS class Jump Ship
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|