Tripwire class Early Warning Scout
|Tripwire class Early Warning Scout|
|Type: SI Early Warning Scout|
|Hull Configuration||Needle Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
Qty: MCr 59.189
|Quick Ship Profile||SI-BS11|
|Also see||Scout Vessel|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
It is a vessel with 1-G and J-1 performance. The TL–10 streamlined needle/wedge structured hulls are equipped with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification for wilderness ocean refueling. They carry enough internal fuel for two jumps. They are famous for their ability to do very fast pre-checks and initiate jumps quickly, to escape and get a warning to high chains of command. They have a model/1 ship computer mounted adjacent to the bridge and are capable of 1 G acceleration and have no agility rating. Because of their large cargo bay they can be fitted with collapsible or dis-mountable fuel tanks for when additional range is needed.
- They are armed with two plasma guns and a triple sand caster turret for defense.
- They can carry a 2 dton Air/Raft.
- It has a 6 sophont crew and no marines. Each crew member has their own private cabin, a rare luxury in the military. With double occupancy, passengers can be carried.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
- Tonnage: 200 tons (standard), 2,800 cubic meters.
- Crew: Pilot, Engineer, Medic, 3 Gunners
- Performance: Jump 1, 1G acceleration. Power plant-1. 2 EP. Agility 0.
- Electronics: Model 1 computer.
- Hardpoints/Armament: Two plasma guns in a dual turret
- Defenses: Triple sand caster turret
- Craft: 2 dton Air/Raft
- Fuel Treatment: Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification
- Cost: MCr 73.986 standard. MCr 59.189 in quantity.
- Construction Time: 48 weeks standard. 39 weeks in quantity.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||None|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Three in service. Designed and built at Dal Hallen for the Rimward Federation. These ships operate within the Far Home Sector. They are in service with the Federation Navy and are posted in several systems to speed communications between fleet elements for coordinated defense of the federation. Retired Federation scouts love these ships because they make excellent commercial merchant vessels. Many free traders use these ex-military vessels, and they are much sought after. The navy uses them for limited logistical support of deployed marine units and to bring supplies to major combatants, which lack storage capacity for provisions.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type SI class Surveillance Scout
- Alahir class Heavy Scout
- Bay class Surveillance Vessel
- Dienjzhiae class Fleet Intelligence Corvette
- Exocet class Intelligence Cruiser
- Fairmile Model G class Scout
- Keyhole class Observatory Ship
- Lauritson class Picket Ship
- Legion class Picket Boat
- Prince Asan class Scout Leader
- Tripwire class Early Warning Scout
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|