AX-H class Modular Heavy Fleet Auxiliary
|AX-H class Modular Heavy Fleet Auxiliary|
|Type: QT Modular Heavy Fleet Auxiliary|
|Size||10,000t + modules up to 10,000 Tons|
|Hull Configuration||[[TBD Hull]]|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Origin||Principality of Caledon|
|Cost||MCr3,622.25 in quantity 2,897.8|
|Also see||Combat Support Ship - Modular Ship|
|Canon||Unpublished, fan design|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The "AX-H" project - Caledonian fleet code for "General Auxiliary, Heavy"- is a class of modular, configurable fleet auxilaries.
Sometimes called "Storks", due to their appearance, the AX-H is essentially a long "spine" with a bridge and control space on the bow end, a power plant, jump and maneuver drives at the stern, and a long, slender "Neck" in between. The vessels are popular among their crews; the "Neck" offers accomodation space unheard of among other fleet auxiliaries, to say nothing of Caledonian warships.
Modules - up to 10,000 tons worth - can be attached. These modules can be changed - assuming the facilities of at least a C Starport are available, for a period of (generally) a month. However, about 80% of Storks are never reconfigured once commissioned.
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/TBD fib computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|8.||Craft / Subcraft||TBD|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
|12.||Remarks||No information yet available.
AX-H (Generic Auxiliary, Heavy) is a place-holder name. Actual ships in service have type codes specific to their configuration.
Selected types include:
- Repair Ship, Heavy (AS-H) - Equipped with workshop, tractor and stores modules.
- Transport, Heavy (AD-H) - Equipped with fuel and accomodations modules.
- Refinery Ship, Heavy (AFR-H) - Equipped with refinery, fuel storage and fuel-lighter dock modules.
- Jump Drive Repair Ship, Heavy (ASJ-H) - Equipped with a large workshop module optimized for carrying out repairs to jump drives.
- Power Plant Repair Ship, Heavy (ASP-H) - Another large workship, with equipment and stores for maintaining, overhauling and repairing power plants.
- Tanker (AF-H) - Equipped with modular storage tanks and handling equipment. Can carry powerplant/jump fuel, water, beverages.
- Stores Ship (AM-H) - Equipped with dry-goods storage modules, and a small "office" module with inventory-management software and equipment.
- Station Ship (AU-H) - These ships serve as command posts and office space for stations, especially Forward Operating Bases. They include modules for office, accommodation, workshop and storage space.
The AX-H is a dispersed structure vessel. AX-Hs are not streamlined, and have only defensive weapons.
In addition to large numbers in the Caledonian fleet train, a few Storks have found their way into civilian service.
- Several serve as mining support and mineral transport ships
- Two highly-renovated specimens are used as luxury liners between Caledon and the Imperium
- One was sold to an Aslan clan to serve as a colonization ship
- One exceptionally beautifully-renovated vessel serves as a mega-yacht - perhaps aptly described as a "Jump Palace" - for Ian Prestwick, Duke of Pengilly, patriarch of an extraordinarily wealthy trading family from Stirling.
208 in service.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|