Solomani Rim Sector
|Solomani Rim Sector|
|No. of Worlds||410|
|Majority Control||Third Imperium - 77.5%|
|Secondary Control||Solomani Confederation - 22.5%|
|Domain||Domain of Sol |
|Gross Sector Product||BCr15,647,087|
|Imperial Coordinate||+0 / -3|
|This sector has a trade map|
|This sector has economic data|
|This sector has sector data|
|This sector has a climate file|
|This sector has sector data|
- The humans of Terra, a world in this sector, have dominated interstellar history for the past three thousand years, and their racial name, "Solomani", is applied to the sector.
- The rest of the sector name comes from its position on the edge of the Third Imperium closest to the galactic rim.
- 1 Meta-History & Background
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
- 5 Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
- 6 Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
- 7 References & Contributors (Sources)
Meta-History & Background
- However, the game map for the board game Imperium encompasses parts of Sol, Dingir, Capella, and Gemini subsectors of the sector, and the astrography in Imperium was carried over into Supplement 10 with a few name changes (Alpha Centauri became Prometheus, Tau Ceti became Iilike, Epsilon Eridani became Shulimik, and Epsilon Indi became Meshan).
- In 1982, the Classic Traveller The Solomani Rim Supplement 10 was published.
- In 1984, the Classic Traveller Atlas of the Imperium was published.
- In 1986, the Classic Traveller Solomani (Alien Module) was published.
- In 1990, MegaTraveller Alien - Vilani & Vargr was published.
- In the late 1990's, The Solomani Rim Sector was the focus of an acclaimed non-canon New Era adventure campaign called the Children of Earth featured in the fanzine, the Traveller Chronicle.
- In 2000, GURPS Traveller: Rim of Fire, a GURPS Solomani sourcebook, was released, which had a number of story conflicts and has had some parts of it since declared non-canon.
- In 2012, the Mongoose Traveller: Solomani Rim book, was published.
- This sector was programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki in 2016.
- It has been T5 Second Survey reviewed and updated to T5 standards.
While not very diverse in terms of sophont species, the area is fantastically rich in culture and material wealth with thousands of years of active history. Conquerors have crossed this astrographic region since the time of the First Imperium, the Ziru Sirka.
This sector has been known by different names to different groups over its existence including the following:
|Third Imperium||Solomani Rim||Third Imperium|
|Aslan||Solomani Rim||Aslan Hierate|
|Droyne||Unknown||Droyne Oytrip Yatroy|
|Hiver||Solomani Rim||Hive Federation|
|K'kree||Unknown||Two Thousand Worlds|
|Solomani||Solomani Rim||Solomani Confederation|
|Vargr||Solomani Rim||Vargr Extents|
|Zhodani||Solomani Rim||Zhodani Consulate|
Linguistic Topography: 1105
The following languages are among the most commonly encountered within this astrographic region:
History & Background (Dossier)
The Solomani Rim is a highly civilized area with a long history spanning several millennia.
- The Vegans are among the best known of the indigenous sophont species, having long been caught between opposing factions. Vegan society is still rebuilding and recovering from the collateral damage from the more recent Solomani Rim War.
- In more recent millennia, the Terrans moved in a number of Terragens species, including the Dolphins. Some believe that many more undiscovered Terragens lifeforms may be hidden on the many worlds of the Rim.
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated within this area:
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
Demographics Table: 1105
Significant populations of the following sophont races exist within this area:
Significant Sophont Demographics
(Populations 250+ million)
Race Population Type Remarks Humaniti* 1,499.9 billion Major Race (Various) Humaniti is the dominant species on the many thousands of worlds within the Third Imperium and while most humans are of Solomani, Vilani, or mixed ancestry, literally dozens of other races and sub-species of humans exist: Minor Human Races, Human Chimerae, Variant Races, ethnic groups, and nearly every other possibility imaginable. Humans are a prolific species and can be found in large numbers throughout vast tracts of both the Third Imperium and Charted Space. Vegans 0154.8 billion Non-Human Race The Vegans are a strange human-like race of arid, low-gravity, near-vacuum desert-dwellers. Their communal culture with its distinctive tuhuirs has long baffled human observers. Their society and space empire has long been a crossroads and pawn between larger major races. Aslan 0002.7 billion Major Race
- Imperial Aslan
The Aslan are a young and powerful race, united in spirit, but not in temporal power. Their often quarreling empire, the Aslan Hierate lies rimward and many Aslan have settled in the Solomani Rim, along both sides of the border. While most Aslan in the region are Imperial citizens, there are populations and enclaves of non-Imperial Aslan in residence. Dolphins 0001.7 billion Non-Human Race Dolphins, an aquatic species and variant race from Terra, were brought by the Solomani to interstellar space. They have prospered ever since and their keen astrogational skills are in high demand. Gurungans 0000.4 billion Non-Human Race The Gurungans are a pseudo-octopoidal race of aquatic hexapods, who strongly value their privacy after an initial period of exploitation by outside species. Their homeworld and colonies are largely under imperial stewardship and controls. While largely insular and isolationist, an increasing number of Gurungans have been engaging in interstellar trade and even intercultural exchanges, especially with other aquatic species with whom environmental accommodations are more easily managed.
Notes: The Solomani Rim Sector has a population of more than 1.66 trillion individuals:
- 42% Imperial Human citizens of the Third Imperium
- 21% Solomani Human citizens of the Solomani Confederation
- 31% Vegans of the Vegan Autonomous District
- 06% Other minor races residing in previously mentioned polities
General Overview: No information yet available.
History-Era: Mileu 1100
No information yet available.
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1116
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this sector:
Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
The Solomani Rim is a highly civilized area with a long history, and a population of more than 1.66 trillion individuals under the control of three major interstellar governments:
- The Third Imperium rules the majority of the sector, primarily as a result of the of its occupation following the Solomani Rim War.
- The Vegan Autonomous District, an area within Imperial-dominated territory, is a nominally independent region which acknowledges ultimate authority of the Third Imperium.
- The Solomani Confederation governs the rest of the sector.
Polity Listing: 1105
The following polities can be found within this sector:
- Other Powers
- Solomani Confederation (Solomani powers)
- Third Imperium (Imperial powers)
Polity Descriptions: 1105
- Alleg: ImDs: "Third Imperium, Domain of Sol"
- Alleg: ImVd: "Third Imperium, Vegan Autonomous District"
- Alleg: NaHu: "Non-Aligned, Human-dominated"
- Alleg: SoCf: "Solomani Confederation"
Imperial Territory: 1105
This is an Imperial frontier area.
- This territory was conquered by the Third Imperium from the Solomani Confederation during the Solomani Rim War.
- The Imperial portion of this sector is administered from the Domain of Sol.
- 77.50% controlled by the Third Imperium.
- 22.50% is controlled by non-Imperial powers.
Imperial Duchies & Districts:
The Imperial part of the Marches is divided into several duchies and districts:
Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
Mains, Branches & Arms
Clusters & Traces
Rifts, Voids & Jump Bridges
Other Astrographic Features
- Balkanized Space
- Imperial Space
- Sociographic Data
- Trade Routes
Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
- There are many rich clusters and traces of resource-laden systems and worlds.
- Which were unfortunately very difficult to reach before the advent of FTL star travel due to the presence of many rifts and mini rifts between those rich worlds.
- There are several sophont species in the sector, but many of these species were killed or went extinct due to the xenophobic excesses of local powers.
- All in all, the Rim is an astrographic region rich in opportunity and adventure.
- It is an area of medium to high stellar density.
- The Imperial sector capital is at Dingir (Solomani Rim 1222).
- The Solomani sector capital is at TBD.
Sector Summary: 1105
The Solomani Rim sector has 400 worlds, of which 326 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the sector is 1,659 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There are 125 High population (Hi) worlds, 79 Moderate population (Ph) worlds, 85 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, 38 Low population (Lo) worlds, and seven Barren (Ba) worlds. There are 33 Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus 26 Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, and 56 Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds. There are 27 Rich (Ri) worlds versus 28 Industrial (In) worlds. There are 23 Asteroid (As) belts, ten Desert (De) worlds, 31 Garden (Ga) worlds, 19 Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, 68 Poor (Po) worlds, 42 Vacuum (Va) worlds, and 29 Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds. There are 55 Naval bases in the sector, nine Scout bases, and nine Way stations. In Solomani Rim there are four race homeworlds. The Imperial nobility includes 304 Knights, 52 Baronets, 42 Barons, 52 Marquises, 62 Viscounts, 100 Counts, 31 Dukes, and 11 Subsector Dukes. The highest population worlds are Azaremiid (Solomani Rim 1405), Aosta (Solomani Rim 2902), and Sebasta (Solomani Rim 0923). The highest tech level is F at Easter (Solomani Rim 1802), Khiirshag (Solomani Rim 2010), Aosta (Solomani Rim 2902), Karpaty (Solomani Rim 3001), Shululsish (Solomani Rim 0214), and Yrsai (Solomani Rim 0511). The average technology level is 11 (with most between 8 and 13).
- The sector capital of Third Imperium, Domain of Sol is Dingir (Solomani Rim 1222).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Ultima is Thamber (Solomani Rim 0704).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Suleiman is Suleiman (Solomani Rim 1504).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Concord is Eleusis (Solomani Rim 2109).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Harlequin is Arkiirkii (Solomani Rim 2905).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Alderamin is Shululsish (Solomani Rim 0214).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Vega is Muan Gwi (Solomani Rim 1717).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Banasdan is Banasdan (Solomani Rim 2920).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Albadawi is Gaea (Solomani Rim 0722).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Sol is Lagash (Solomani Rim 2121).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Arcturus is Jael (Solomani Rim 2821).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Jardin is Jardin (Solomani Rim 0233).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Capella is Twylo (Solomani Rim 1034).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Gemini is Hamilcar (Solomani Rim 1738).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Kukulkan is Laputa (Solomani Rim 2740).
World Listing: 1105
- That makes 400 worlds in Solomani Rim Sector proper plus 10 worlds from Terra (system) for a total of 410 worlds.
- Plus 2 non-canon worlds for a total of 412 worlds.
Terran System Planets:
- Asteroid Belt (SR 1827) (world)
- Jupiter (world)
- Luna (world)
- Mars (world)
- Mercury (SR 1827) (world)
- Neptune (world)
- Pluto (world)
- Saturn (world)
- Uranus (world)
- Venus (world)
Subsector Listing: 1105
The following subsectors can be found within this sector:
- Subsector A: Ultima
- Subsector B: Suleiman
- Subsector C: Concord
- Subsector D: Harlequin
- Subsector E: Alderamin
- Subsector F: Esperance
- Subsector G: Vega
- Subsector H: Banasdan
- Subsector I: Albadawi
- Subsector J: Dingir
- Subsector K: Sol
- Subsector L: Arcturus
- Subsector M: Jardin
- Subsector N: Capella
- Subsector O: Gemini
- Subsector P: Kukulkan
Territorial Overview: 1105
The following table details the subsectors within this area:
- No information yet available.
Territorial Chart Key
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Board Game: Imperium
- Periodical: Classic Traveller Dragon #87 in Article: "Luna: A Traveller's Guide" - Marc Miller
- Classic Traveller Signal GK (book)
- Citation Missing - Solomani (Alien Module) (Alien Module 6: Solomani)
- John Harshman. The Solomani Rim (Game Designers Workshop, 1982), TBD. (Supplement 10)
- Citation Missing - Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dotmap provided)
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 13 in Article: "The Trouble With Kids"
- Kevin D. Knight. Traveller Chronicle 10 (Sword of the Knight Publications, 1996), TBD.
- Kevin D. Knight. Traveller Chronicle 11 (Sword of the Knight Publications, 1996), TBD.
- Kevin D. Knight. Traveller Chronicle 12 (Sword of the Knight Publications, 1997), TBD.
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 13
- Classic Traveller Luna: Travellers Guide
- Jon F. Zeigler. GURPS Traveller: Rim of Fire (Steve Jackson Games, 2000), 1-144. (GURPS Traveller: Rim of Fire: The Solomani Rim Sourcebook)
- GURPS Traveller: Interstellar Wars
- Mongoose Traveller: Solomani Rim
- External Link: The Zhodani Base
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science