|Sirius/Dingir (Solomani Rim 1629)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||A1 V D|
Sirius is a ring of many small worldlets (planetoids AKA an "asteroid belt"), not capable of retaining an atmosphere or water, and both non-agricultural and preindustrial in nature.
- These worldlets warrant hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- The worldlets are, for the most part, unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- These worldlets are working towards being an industrial world but lack an adequate workforce to do so.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- This world toils under the control of a military government with conditions reflecting that situation including curtailed civil rights and limited freedoms.
- This is a "Puzzle" world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Dingir Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
The Sirius system "mainworld" is an asteroid belt.
- The Sirius system is a binary star system consisting of a blue-white A class star and a nearby blue-white degenerate ("white dwarf") companion orbiting about 20 AU apart. Neither has planet or asteroid companions. The belt at Sirius is actually made up of dozens of artificial satellites and habitats, including ice-rich planetoids moved from other nearby systems. These are intended to fill what was once referred to as the Sirius Gap.
Binary Solar System
Sirius Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Sirius Primary Primary White A1 V Sirius A Sirius Companion Secondary White Dwarf D Sirius B
1629 Sirius (Imperial) - Amber Zone
Starport: Class V.
Diameter: Asteroids. Gravity: N/A.
Population: 24 million.
Government: Military Rule.
Control Level: 6.
Tech Level: 11.
World Trade Number: 5.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The position of Sirius makes it important as a way station for commercial traffic. Commercial activity on Sirius is entirely devoted to starship operations.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
Sirius has an excellent quality starport.
- A Class-A Starport Facility has very well developed shipyards and is capable of producing first rate starships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Sometimes multiple ports of each type.