A Garden World is hospitable to most sophonts, with a size, atmosphere, and hydrographic rating that make it extremely attractive world. A Garden World has a safe environment, which does not require protective equipment for humans and other sophonts which share the planetary environment.
- They are also known as a Gaia Worlds or Terra-prime worlds, veritable paradises.
- It is a Main World or non-MW trade code. Almost always MW.
- It is a planet or world type.
|Barren World||Ba||--||--||--||0||0||0||Barren, lifeless world. Ba requires Starport E, X.|
|Die Back World||Di||--||--||--||0||0||0||Dieback (000-T). Extinct sophont. Ruins.|
|Garden World||Ga||678||568||567||Any||--||--||Paradise or Gaia world. Terra-prime or Terra-norm. Has Tp, Tr, or Tu climate code.|
|Home World||Hw||--||--||--||1+||Any||Any||Homeworld. Extant (currently existing) sophont.|
|Reserve World||Re||--||--||--||1234||--||45||Private reserve, preserve, park, zoo, etc.|
- Terra-Prime: Siz 678, Atm 568 & Hyd 567.
Probably Planetary Orbit & Climate
|TC||Inner (-)||HZ-2||HZ-1||HZ||HZ+1||HZ+2||Outer (+)||Remote & Far Systems||Remarks|
|Ag||No||Unlikely||Possible||Yes||Possible||Unlikely||No||No||Ag worlds work best within the HZ, but specialized crops may be possible in more extreme environments especially when of an unconventional life species.|
|Ga||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||No||Garden worlds are, by definition, limited to the Habitable Zone, which possesses a temperate climate.|
All garden worlds are considered precious commodities in a universe short of inhabitable worlds. They are lush paradises most suited to Terran-congruous (T-congruous) sophont life.
No information yet available.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller. Worlds and Adventures (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Scouts (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), TBD.
- Bob McWilliams. Leviathan (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), TBD. (Classic Traveller Adventure 4: Terra-prime)
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- Martin Dougherty. Garden Worlds (Mongoose Publishing, 2017), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Beowolf's Libary Data Website (defunct)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science