|No. of Worlds||516|
|Majority Control||Solomani Confederation - 74%|
|Secondary Control||Third Imperium - 26%|
|Domain||Domain of Sol |
|Gross Sector Product||BCr2,798,494|
|Imperial Coordinate||-1 / -3|
|This sector has a trade map|
|This sector has economic data|
|This sector has sector data|
|This sector has a climate file|
|This sector has sector data|
- 1 Meta-History & Background
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
- 5 Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
- 6 Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
- 7 References & Contributors (Sources)
Meta-History & Background
- In 1984, the Classic Traveller Atlas of the Imperium was published.
- In 1987, the MegaTraveller Imperial Encyclopedia was published.
- In 1989, the periodical MegaTraveller TD14 was published.
- In 1990, MegaTraveller Alien - Vilani & Vargr was published.
- In 1991, MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan was published.
- In 2012, Mongoose Traveller: Solomani was published.
- As of Fall 2016, this sector has been programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
- It has been T5 Second Survey reviewed and updated to T5 standards.
No information yet available.
This sector has been known by different names to different groups over its existence including the following:
|Third Imperium||Magyar||Third Imperium|
|Droyne||Unknown||Droyne Oytrip Yatroy|
|K'kree||Unknown||Two Thousand Worlds|
Linguistic Topography: 1116
The following languages are among the most commonly used within this astrographic region:
History & Background (Dossier)
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated within this area:
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
General Overview: Because of the sector's proximity to both the Imperium and the Aslan Hierate, Magyar has long served as a flash point for conflict.
History-Era: Mileu 1100
Magyar was first settled during the Ziru Sirka period, as the Vilani claimed the trailing, coreward subectors. During the Interstellar Wars period several Earth ethnic groups and social movements colonized the coreward subsectors outside of both Vilani and Terran Confederation control. These efforts extended into the rest of the sector throughout the Rule of Man.
- During the Long Night many worlds of Magyar were isolated and subject to predation from Reavers. Several Reaver states were said to be based within the sector.
- During the Aslan Border Wars the sector was a frequent staging area for Solomani-Aslan conflict. In 212 the Peace of Dark Nebula, established between the Aslan and some polities in Magyar, brought lasting peace for over a 100 years. In 374 the Old Earth Union navy began attacking Aslan patrols without declaring war. In response, four major clans and 16 minor clans declared war on the Old Earth Union and several Magyar states. While the Peace of Ftahalr (380) was executed between the Imperium and four major clans and, as such, did not necessarily extend into Magyar, the Aslan evidently honored the 30-parsec buffer in that sector as well.
- In 400 Magyar and Dark Nebula sectors were absorbed into the Imperium. Most of Magyar was then contained within the Solomani Autonomous Region established in 704.
- Following its formation of in 871, the Solomani Confederation repeatedly violated the Peace of Ftahalr by expanding spinward, until the buffer zone in the Magyar sector was completely overrun and the Confederation border touched the Hierate.
- During the Solomani Rim War, fighting extended to subsectors D, G, H, J, K, L, and P. The Imperial forces captured the coreward, trailing subsectors in Magyar, and continued to occupy them following the armistice.
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1116
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this sector:
- (0): Third Imperium Founded
- (76 to 120): Pacification Campaigns
- (990-1002): Solomani Rim War
Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
- Important Confederation member states within the sector include the Wuan Technology Association, the Reformed Dootchen Estates, and the New Slavic Solidarity.
- Although the Solomani Confederation claims a much higher number of systems in Magyar (386, or 74%), the Coreward-Trailing subsectors with much higher populations are controlled by the Imperium, and thus the Imperium holds the majority of Magyar Sector's population.
- The Imperium holds the majority (77%) of Magyar Sector's population.
Polity Listing: 1116
The following polities can be found within this sector:
- Independent Powers (Pocket Empires)
- Solomani Confederation (Solomani powers)
- Third Imperium (Imperial powers)
- Various member systems and worlds.
Polity Descriptions: 1116
Here are several synopses of the polities found in this sector:
- Alleg: ImDs: "Third Imperium, Domain of Sol"
- Alleg: SoCf: "Solomani Confederation"
- Alleg: SoNS: "Solomani Confederation, New Slavic Solidarity"
- Alleg: SoRD: "Solomani Confederation, Reformed Dootchen Estates"
- Alleg: SoWu: "Solomani Confederation, Wuan Technology Association"
Imperial Territory: 1116
This is an Imperial frontier area.
- Although Magyar is not within the conventional bounds of the Domain of Sol, the Imperial systems are administered by that domain.
- The Imperial portion of this sector is administered from the Domain of Sol.
- 26.00% is controlled by the Third Imperium.
- 74.00% is controlled by non-Imperial powers.
Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
The following astrographic features and trade routes can be found within this area:
Mains, Branches & Arms
Clusters & Traces
Rifts, Voids & Jump Bridges
Other Astrographic Features
Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
No information yet available.
The capital/s of this polity is/are located in the following location/s:
Sector Summary: 1116
The Magyar sector has 516 worlds, of which 411 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the sector is 552 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There are 38 High population (Hi) worlds, 91 Moderate population (Ph) worlds, 216 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, 121 Low population (Lo) worlds, and no Barren (Ba) worlds. There are 51 Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus 49 Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, and 69 Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds. There are 22 Rich (Ri) worlds versus 24 Industrial (In) worlds. There are ten Asteroid (As) belts, 51 Desert (De) worlds, 19 Garden (Ga) worlds, 42 Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, 144 Poor (Po) worlds, 56 Vacuum (Va) worlds, and 39 Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds. There are 72 Naval bases in the sector, six Scout bases, and no Way stations. In Magyar there are three race homeworlds. The Imperial nobility includes 125 Knights, 15 Baronets, 16 Barons, 17 Marquises, 27 Viscounts, 18 Counts, no Dukes, and three Subsector Dukes. The highest population world is Austa (Magyar 2503). The highest tech level is E at Wu (Magyar 0203), Brandon (Magyar 0409), Eery (Magyar 1208), Desolation (Magyar 1506), Alphard (Magyar 1701), and Clown (Magyar 1807). The average technology level is 10 (with most between 7 and 12).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Clan is Wu (Magyar 0203).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Eery is Chorus (Magyar 1403).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Clown is Tolson (Magyar 2106).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Anise is Anise (Magyar 2904).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Nemo is Kaig (Magyar 0413).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of New Town is Minsk (Magyar 1512).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Voyager is Dreesen (Magyar 1916).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Kline is Kline (Magyar 3012).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Iouo is Ock (Magyar 0227).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Valhalla is Uebelhor (Magyar 1324).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Swan is Ramaniam (Magyar 1927).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of New Mars is Wicker (Magyar 2728).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Last Chance is Drang (Magyar 0233).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Black Jack is Blackjack (Magyar 1438).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Olympus is Viallalta (Magyar 1833).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Cluster is Pacific (Magyar 2933).
World Listing: 1116
Subsector Listing: 1116
The following subsectors can be found within this sector:
- Subsector A: Clan
- Subsector B: Eery
- Subsector C: Clown
- Subsector D: Anise
- Subsector E: Nemo
- Subsector F: New Town
- Subsector G: Voyager
- Subsector H: Kline
- Subsector I: Iouo
- Subsector J: Valhalla
- Subsector K: Swan
- Subsector L: New Mars
- Subsector M: Last Chance
- Subsector N: Black Jack
- Subsector O: Olympus
- Subsector P: Cluster
Territorial Overview: 1116
The following table details the subsectors within this area:
- No information yet available.
Territorial Chart Key
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD. (star map)
- Citation Missing - Alien - Vilani & Vargr (dot map provided)
- Citation Missing - Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dot map provided)
- Marc Miller. "Wars of the Imperium." Imperial Encyclopedia (1987): TBD.
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 14
- Mongoose Traveller: Solomani
- Author & Contributor: Dakin Burdick
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science