|Merganser/Vega (Solomani Rim 1919)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||M3 V M3 V|
Merganser is a preindustrial, agricultural world.
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- As a preindustrial world, this planet cannot yet manufacture enough high-technology resources to support a modern, star-faring society. Having to import many manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- It is a member of the Vegan Autonomous District, a cultural region and full member state of the Third Imperium in the Vega Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- It is located on the Rim Main.
- A little over 90% of the population is composed of humans and other non-human sophonts.
- A little under 10% of the population is composed of Vegans.
Merganser is a marginally habitable planet that possesses unusually accessible surface deposits of industrial metals. .
Binary Solar System
Merganser Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Merganser Primary Primary Red M3 V Merganser Companion Secondary Red M3 V
1919 Merganser (Vegan Autonomous Region)
Starport: Class V.
Diameter: 8,900 miles (14,200 km). Gravity: 1.32g.
Atmosphere: Thin oxygen-nitrogen (Tainted).
Population: 73 million.
Control Level: 4.
Tech Level: 11.
World Trade Number: 5.
History & Background (Dossier)
Merganser, formerly known as Khuraaga (Anglic: Khuraaga), is an agricultural world located on the Rim Main within Vega Subsector of the Solomani Rim. The system is a member of the Vegan Autonomous Region.
Merganser is important for its resources, but is very inhospitable for Vegans: its high gravity makes it especially uncomfortable for Vegans and the world has a significant human population. Human contract labor can earn very good wages during the typical three-year contract on Merganser