Martin Dougherty is a Traveller author, contributor, and fan.
- Martin J Dougherty is a professional writer hailing from Northeast England. His works include over 100 non-fiction books in addition to novels and game materials.
- Martin is currently President of the British Federation for Historical Swordplay (BFHS), and regularly teaches at Historical Martial Arts events. In the past he has competed to national level as a fencer, and was coach to the University of Sunderland team 1989-2008. He holds four black belts at 1st-3rd Dan and was formerly a Senior Assessor with the Self-Defence Federation.
- Martin has has addressed international conferences on anti-shipping missiles and homeland security issues.
Martin J Dougherty has been at times a games designer, an engineer, a self-protection instructor, a teacher and a defence analyst although he has always been first and foremost a writer. His earliest published work was in 1984, progressing to full-time employment as an author in 1999.
This person has the following external links available:
History & Background (Dossier)
This person has been involved with Traveller in the following ways:
Traveller RPG Wiki Participation
This person has participated at the wiki.
Bibliography-Ludography (Published Products)
This person has authored, contributed, playtested, or otherwise participated in the publication of the following products:
- Martin has published a range of books covering topics as diverse as self-protection, medieval warfare and space flight. He writes on average 3-4 non-fiction books per year for mainstream publishers in the USA and UK.
- Martin has published several novels including game-related fiction for Traveller and Armageddon 2089.
- In addition to being the lead researcher for the TV show Triggers: Weapons That Changed The World, Martin has thus far appeared in two episodes of the show. He also worked as a consultant on the show Ultimate Soldier Challenge from Morningstar Entertainment and is involved in the development of new shows.
- Novel commission & fiction
- Nobles book contributor
GURPS Traveller: Steve Jackson Games
- Behind the Claw & Star Mercs
- Traveller line editor. Wrote most publications, contributed to all but one.
- Numerous adventures and supplements
- Adventures and supplements
- Numerous adventures, supplements and other products.
- Adventures, Novel Shadow of the Storm
References & Contributions (Sources)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Martin J. Dougherty
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science