From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
- Anytime two or more world-states form a single multi-world governing polity, they become known as pocket empires.
- Some of this non-major-race space is occupied by independent powers, usually known as Pocket Empires. These are small fry to the larger powers and usually end up conquered , made allies of, of otherwise co-opted into larger power structures.
Much of the rest of non-major-race space is Balkanized Space.
- Balkanized Space is alternately called "Free Space," "Pure Chaos (Anarchy)," or "Non-Aligned Space."
- It is a vast stretch of world-states, smaller pockets of societies and civilizations that have yet to come together to form the smaller political entities known as Pocket Empires.
- In Balkanized Space, anything goes. Might makes right. The gun rules or... Alternately some groups come together on a planetary level and form communes, monestaries, artist's villages, unrestricted mining conglomerates, and anything else that can pop into a sophont's mind.
- You name it, it can happen in Balkanized Space.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|