|Azun/Ultima (Solomani Rim 0809)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- Its economy is rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to rapidly improve barring outside forces.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Ultima Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world has colonies at:
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Azun has two small moons.
0809 Azun (Imperial)
Starport: Class IV.
Diameter: 4,000 miles (6,400 km). Gravity: 0.59g.
Atmosphere: Standard oxygen-nitrogen (Tainted).
Climate: Very Cold.
Population: 26 billion.
Control Level: 6.
Tech Level: 9.
World Trade Number: 5.5.
Point of Interest: The Arcologies of Azun
Due to the extremely high population of the main world, Azun makes extensive use of arcologies, completely self-contained cities built onto tiny tracts of land. On Azun, these are soaring towers three kilometers high, springing from square bases two kilometers on a side. Such "cities" can comfortably house populations in excess of 1.5 million persons, including not only living space but also nearly every other facet essential for life to flourish. Each such city thus covers only 4 square kilometers of land surface, concentrating the population in a very small area. Therefore, the majority of the land area of Azun can be used for other purposes, including areas for resource exploitation, agriculture, and wilderness reserve.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The system is a member of the Imperium.
- It is the highest population world in the subsector.