Arcturus (SR 2921) (world)
|Arcturus/Arcturus (Solomani Rim 2921)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Arcturus is a ring of many small worldlets (planetoids AKA an "asteroid belt"), not capable of retaining an atmosphere or water, and is also a low-population vacuum environment with a population less than 10,000 sophonts in population size, warranting hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Arcturus Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- Arcturus is a colony of Banasdan (Solomani Rim 2920), administered in a government enclave at Wainwright Starport.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Arcturus is a comparative backwater system, neither particularly rich or important. Its population is almost entirely composed of miners and their support personnel.
- Mining licenses have been restricted to larger corporations such as Lamarck Minerals and Triple-G Resources, which has caused resentment among locals.
Arcturus (SR 2921) Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Arcturus (SR 2921) Primary Primary Orange K1 III Arcturus (Alpha Boötis)
2921 Arcturus (Imperial)
Starport: Class III.
Diameter: Asteroids. Gravity: N/A.
Government: Captive (Banasdan).
Control Level: 2.
Tech Level: 12.
World Trade Number: 3.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The system is a member of the Imperium.
- Arcturus was part of the Arcturus Federation until joining the Imperium in 583.