Alpha Crucis Sector
|Alpha Crucis Sector|
|No. of Worlds||486|
|Majority Control||Solomani Confederation - 59%|
|Secondary Control||Non-Aligned - 24%|
|Tertiary Control||Third Imperium - 16%|
|Quaternary Control||Consolidation of Turin - 01%|
|Gross Sector Product||BCr8,165,114|
|Imperial Coordinate||+1 / -3|
|This sector has a trade map|
|This sector has economic data|
|This sector has sector data|
|This sector has a climate file|
|This sector has sector data|
- 1 Meta-History & Background
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
- 5 Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
- 6 Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
- 7 References & Contributors / Sources
Meta-History & Background
- It was further refined by David Pulver and appears in Alien Module 5: Solomani (Mongoose Publishing, 2012).
- In 1984, Atlas of the Imperium was published.
- In 1986, Hivers (Alien Module) was published.
- In 1990, Alien - Vilani & Vargr was published.
- In 1991, Alien - Solomani & Aslan was published.
- In 2012, Mongoose Traveller: Solomani, also known as Alien Module 5: Solomani, was published.
- As of Fall 2016, all systems have been programmed into the Traveller RPG wiki but still require further detailing.
- It has been T5 Second Survey reviewed and updated to T5 standards.
This astrographic region is rich in interstellar trade and interspecies cultural exchange. At least three of the major races actively trade here:
This sector has been known by different names to different groups over its existence including the following:
|Third Imperium||Alpha Crucis||Third Imperium|
|Aslan||Alpha Crucis||Aslan Hierate|
|Droyne||Unknown||Droyne Oytrip Yatroy|
|Hiver||Alpha Crucis||Hive Federation|
|K'kree||Unknown||Two Thousand Worlds|
|Solomani||Alpha Leonis||Solomani Confederation|
|Vargr||Alpha Leonis||Vargr Extents|
|Zhodani||Alpha Leonis||Zhodani Consulate|
- The sector was known as Amkarim Sector during the First Imperium.
- Several powers know this sector as Alpha Leonis Sector.
Linguistic Topography: 1116
The following languages are among the most commonly used within this astrographic region:
History & Background (Dossier)
- The Solomani consider the worlds claimed by the Imperium to have governments in exile.
- Some of them actually do have leaders who were displaced by the Imperium and still claim to have legal authority for their respective worlds.
- The total population of the sector is a little over 1,021 billion.
Prior to the Solomani Rim War, the area was once a battleground between the Terran Confederation and the Ziru Sirka during the Interstellar Wars. There are still remnants of those millenia old battles found in Alpha Crucis space.
Native Sophonts: 1116
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated within this area:
- Non-Human Races
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this sector:
General Overview: No information yet available.
History-Era: Mileu 1100
The median tech level is C (12). However, nearly twenty percent of the worlds are reported to have a TL of F (15).
- This is probably due to the high technology influence of the nearby Hive Federation, which is known for its exports of high tech items.
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1116
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this sector:
Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
The Solomani Confederation 60% of the sector, a clear majority.
- A significant number of the worlds are aligned with neither the Solomani Confederation nor the Third Imperium. This area of Independent Space has become a rich trade ground.
- The Solomani Confederation respects the rights of the non-aligned worlds to govern themselves within the Accords of Confederation, although they are always trying to swing governments to re-join the Confederation and enjoy the benefits derived from membership.
Polity Listing: 1116
- Non-Aligned Powers (World-States)
- Solomani Confederation (Solomani powers)
Polity Descriptions: 1116
- Alleg: ImDs: "Third Imperium, Domain of Sol"
- Alleg: NaHu: "Non-Aligned, Human-dominated"
- Alleg: NaXX: "Non-Aligned, unclaimed"
- Alleg: SoCf: "Solomani Confederation"
- Alleg: SoCT: "Solomani Confederation, Consolidation of Turin"
Imperial Territory: 1116
This is an Imperial frontier area.
- 16.00% is controlled by the Third Imperium.
- 84.00% is controlled by non-Imperial powers.
- The imperial portion of this sector is administered from the Domain of Sol.
- The Imperium claims about 16% of the worlds in this sector.
Duchies & Districts: 1116
The Imperial portion is so small that it only has one Duke who administers the area as a subsector.
- Duke Tenlir reports directly to the Occupation Commander on Terra.
- The Duke is also a retired Army Lieutenant General.
- His title of nobility and the corresponding position is not hereditary and is passed to whomever the Emperor has designated.
Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
Mains, Branches & Arms
Clusters & Traces
Rifts, Voids & Jump Bridges
- No information yet available.
Other Astrographic Features
Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
The region is best known for the cold war between the Solomani and Imperials. It is an area of medium to high stellar density.
The capital or capitals of this area is/are located at:
- The capital of Solomani Confederation and Consolidation of Turin-controlled space is: Turin (AC 0630) (world)
- The capital of Third Imperium-controlled space is: Wulfe (world)
Sector Summary: 1116
The Alpha Crucis sector has 486 worlds, of which 380 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the sector is 1,021 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There are 46 High population (Hi) worlds, 47 Moderate population (Ph) worlds, 218 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, 116 Low population (Lo) worlds, and no Barren (Ba) worlds. There are 68 Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus 30 Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, and 79 Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds. There are 27 Rich (Ri) worlds versus 37 Industrial (In) worlds. There are 17 Asteroid (As) belts, no Desert (De) worlds, 19 Garden (Ga) worlds, no Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, 51 Poor (Po) worlds, 104 Vacuum (Va) worlds, and 34 Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds. There are 65 Naval bases in the sector, seven Scout bases, and no Way stations. In Alpha Crucis there are nine race homeworlds. The Imperial nobility includes 78 Knights, five Baronets, 13 Barons, 12 Marquises, eight Viscounts, ten Counts, four Dukes, and one Subsector Duke. The highest population world is Weeven (Alpha Crucis 1812). The highest tech level is F at Iamir (Alpha Crucis 0208), Wulfe (Alpha Crucis 0303), Ychanon (Alpha Crucis 1002), Patrent (Alpha Crucis 1101), Grady (Alpha Crucis 1406), and Port Royal (Alpha Crucis 1506). The average technology level is 10 (with most between 7 and 12).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Ximenes is Wulfe (Alpha Crucis 0303).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of McKenzie is Port Royal (Alpha Crucis 1506).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Dagir is Killbrouha (Alpha Crucis 1907).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Alba is White (Alpha Crucis 3001).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Orichalc is Summit (Alpha Crucis 0716).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Auva is Water (Alpha Crucis 0912).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Oriah is Point (Alpha Crucis 1919).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Fervore is Cyan (Alpha Crucis 2613).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Denebola is Turin (Alpha Crucis 0630).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Veracruz is Truax (Alpha Crucis 1624).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Vald is Pesacce (Alpha Crucis 2129).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Addison is Duni (Alpha Crucis 3130).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Ziusudra is Scathe (Alpha Crucis 0231).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Regulus is Tino (Alpha Crucis 1531).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of New Holland is Neubund (Alpha Crucis 1738).
- The Solomani Confederation, Bootean Federation subsector capital of Galloway is New Jakarta (Alpha Crucis 3135).
World Listing: 1116
Subsector Listing: 1116
- Subsector A: Ximenes Subsector
- Subsector B: McKenzie Subsector
- Subsector C: Dagir Subsector
- Subsector D: Alba Subsector
- Subsector E: Orichalc
- Subsector F: Auva
- Subsector G: Oriah
- Subsector H: Fervore
- Subsector I: Denebola
- Subsector J: Veracruz
- Subsector K: Vald
- Subsector L: Addison
- Subsector M: Ziusudra
- Subsector N: Regulus
- Subsector O: New Holland
- Subsector P: Galloway
Territorial Overview: 1116
The following table details the subsectors within this area:
- No information yet available.
Territorial Chart Key
No information yet available.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Alien Module 7: Hiver (named but further data)
- Classic Traveller Atlas of the Imperium
- MegaTraveller Alien - Vilani & Vargr (dot map provided)
- MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dot map provided)
- Mongoose Traveller: Solomani
- External Link: AB's Traveller Page (defunct)
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science