|Twylo/Capella (Solomani Rim 1034)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
- This world is always on the edge of revolution as the common citizen struggles under extremely low wages. Much dissent is present.
- The world serves as the subsector capital.
- It is a member of the Solomani Confederation in the Capella Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector.
- This world has a nearby Naval Base, usually associated with military starships.
- This world has a nearby Military Base, usually associated with military ground forces.
- Twylo owns the nearby world of Chrysolite (Solomani Rim 1032).
- It contains the the SolSec sector headquarters.
Twylo’s wide desert areas feature a unique native species, the sand dollars, which are an ergivorous life-form. They use the harsh light of Twylo’s primary to fuel an electrochemical reaction, freeing oxygen from various oxides in the soil. In effect, the sand dollars “eat rust,” using the liberated heavy elements in their metabolism and releasing free oxygen into the air. The natural process of oxidation is therefore offset by the metabolism of hundreds of billions of sand dollars.
1034 Twylo (Solomani Subsector Capital)
Starport: Class V - Naval Base.
Diameter: 4,700 miles (7,500 km). Gravity: 0.48g.
Atmosphere: Thin oxygen-nitrogen.
Climate: Very Cold.
Population: 30 billion.
Control Level: 4.
Tech Level: 11.
World Trade Number: 6.
History & Background (Dossier)
Twylo is a poor but important, high-population world located within Capella Subsector of the Solomani Rim. The mainworld has two small moons. Twylo is a member of the Solomani Confederation and contains a Confederation naval base.
Twylo is the subsector capital and the highest population world in the subsector. The bulk of the population lives in vast urban hives, clustered around the infrequent lakes and seas. Twylo is one of the Confederation’s busiest producers of heavy industrial equipment, vehicles, and starships.
Twylo society suffers from severe economic inequality, which has led to considerable social unrest. The recent "Twylo Renaissance" has resulted in a series of reforms intended to improve the destablizing conditions.