|Iilike/Dingir (Solomani Rim 1429)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- This world toils under the control of a military government with conditions reflecting that situation including curtailed civil rights and limited freedoms.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Dingir Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Iilike is a world with two small moons that orbits the star Tau Ceti.
Iilike Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Iilike Primary Primary Yellow G8 V Tau Ceti
1429 Iilike (Imperial)
Starport: Class V - Naval Base.
Diameter: 4,300 miles (6,900 km). Gravity: 0.44g.
Atmosphere: Thin oxygen-nitrogen.
Population: 4.6 billion.
Government: Military Rule.
Control Level: 6.
Tech Level: 12.
World Trade Number: 6.
History & Background (Dossier)
Iilike is a high-population world with two small moons, orbiting the star Tau Ceti in Dingir Subsector of the Solomani Rim. The system is a member of the Imperium and contains a Naval Base. Iilike is under military rule.
- Conquered and colonized by the Terran Confederation thousands of years ago, the population of Iilike is now heavily Solomani in makeup and sympathy.
- In -574 the Old Earth Union became embroiled in a brief but bloody war with its former ally the Dingir League over Iilike.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
Iilike culture is a distinct blend of Vilani and Islamic influences.
- The planet’s popular culture has a puritanical streak accompanied by a resurgence in many art forms among the wealthy: geometric art and architecture, prose fiction, lyric and epic poetry, and metaphysical philosophy.