|No. of Stars||18|
|Majority Control||Imperium - 100%|
|Map Key||Map Key|
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors (Sources)
Subsector Summary: 1116
Sol, subsector K of Solomani Rim has 18 worlds, of which 15 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the subsector is 53 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There are seven High population (Hi) worlds, two Moderate population (Ph) worlds, six Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, two Low population (Lo) worlds, and no Barren (Ba) worlds. There is one Agricultural (Ag) world versus one Pre-Agricultural (Pa) world, and two Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds. There are no Rich (Ri) worlds versus three Industrial (In) worlds. There are no Asteroid (As) belts, no Desert (De) worlds, three Garden (Ga) worlds, one Ice-capped (Ic) world, three Poor (Po) worlds, two Vacuum (Va) worlds, and no Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds. There are four Naval bases in the subsector, one Scout base, and one Way station. The Imperial nobility includes 18 Knights, three Baronets, one Baron, two Marquises, two Viscounts, seven Counts, four Dukes, and one Subsector Duke. The highest population world is Lagash (Solomani Rim 2121). The highest tech level is F at Nusku (Solomani Rim 1822), Terra (Solomani Rim 1827), and Lagash (Solomani Rim 2121). The average technology level is 12 (with most between 9 and 14).
Astrographic Features & Trade Routes: 1116
The following astrographic features and trade routes can be found within this area:
World Listing: 1116
Sol System Notes
Note: The Sol Subsector contains 18 worlds including Terra (SR 1827) (world) plus 10 of the worlds of Terra (system). That makes 18 worlds in Sol Subsector proper plus 10 worlds from Terra (system) for a total of 28 worlds.
Terran System Secondary Planets:
- Please see Terra system for more information.
History & Background (Dossier)
Sol subsector's Terrans developed jump drive and began exploring other systems.
- They immediately ran into the Vilani at Barnard's Star, Prometheus (Alpha Centauri), and Agidda.
- Conflict was almost immediate, as Terran expansionism clashed with the Vilani desire for stasis.
- The hardest fighting in the early wars naturally enough took place in this subsector, as each side fought for control of the crossroads systems of Fenris (Procyon) and Barnard.
After the Interstellar Wars, Terra lost importance.
- It had been the capital of the Terran Confederation, but the capital for the Rule of Man was initially placed at Terran Fleet Headquarters at Dingir, and later moved out of the sector altogether.
- During the Long Night, Terra became the capital of the Old Earth Union, which included most of Terra's early colonies.
- Terra gained renewed vitality when it became the capital of the Solomani Autonomous Region, and later the Solomani Confederation.
- Invaded in the last year of the Solomani Rim War, it was under Imperial occupation and rule until 1110, when it returned to civilian government.
Polity Listing: 1116
The following polities can be found within this subsector:
- Independent Powers (Pocket Empires)
- Other Powers
- Solomani Confederation (Solomani powers)
Native Sophonts: 1116
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated in this area:
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Non-Human Races
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
- Non-Human Races
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1116
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this subsector:
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This page has a world list.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Alien Module 6: Solomani
- Classic Traveller The Solomani Rim (Supplement 10)
- GURPS Traveller: Rim of Fire: The Solomani Rim Sourcebook
- Periodical: Traveller: The New Era Traveller Chronicle 10