Smade's Planet (world)
|Smade's Planet/Gemini (Solomani Rim 2433)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Smade's Planet is a low-population world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in size.
- This world has yet to take off economically or otherwise and the population remains low for reasons largely unknown.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Gemini Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
2433 Demeter (Solomani)
Starport: Class II.
Diameter: 6,900 miles (11,000 km). Gravity: 0.82g.
Atmosphere: Standard oxygen-nitrogen, tainted.
Control Level: 1.
Tech Level: 9.
World Trade Number: 2.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The Solomani established an agricultural colony on the planet in 714. During the Solomani Rim War the Confederation housed a major Ministry of Genetics agricultural research project aimed at engineering animals to better tolerate its pollen-rich tainted atmosphere. An Imperial orbital bombardment eradicated the starport, all suspected biowar stations, and the surrounding farming communities.
- The system was the site of face-to-face negotiations between Solomani Grand Admiral Wolfe and his Imperial counterpart Admiral Adair to end the Rim War.
- While Smade's Planet is sometimes listed as a member of the Imperium, it is technically considered a closed, neutral world.